What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Squeak when depressing clutch

vicsunus

Reaction score
Is this normal? When pressing the clutch at a certain point I can hear a squeaking coming from the front of the car.
Car is off. 2013 Peugeot rcz hdi.
Squeak in clutch

Goatz

Reaction score
Are you sure it’s not the clutch pedal itself? It’s a known issue with the bushes. I hear ptfe spray helps. I had no joy with white grease spray

RobDJ

Reaction score
Is this normal? When pressing the clutch at a certain point I can hear a squeaking coming from the front of the car.
Squeak in clutch
I have the same squeak on my 'clutch'
I was wondering if it was just a cold/wet issue??
Apart from that my RCZ is running nicely!

tobermory

Reaction score
Same issue here, (RCZ 200THP charcoal).. I can't quite work out whether the Clutch is slipping due to mileage (35k) or it is the actual pedal/bushes?
Has any one managed to solve it?

Pedro

Reaction score
Keep pumping the peddle a few times then whack some WD40 around the Bushes & joints

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Squeak in clutch

Are you sure it’s not the clutch pedal itself? It’s a known issue with the bushes. I hear ptfe spray helps. I had no joy with white grease spray

The video that vicsunus posted suggests that either the bushes in the clutch pedal itself need silicone grease spray (just lie in the footwell and with left hand pull the pedal up and down whilst spraying the bushes/bar with silicone spray - sounds easy….😃) or the cylinder rod actuator is rubbing the rubber gaitor, which again the silicone spray will do the job. The white grease does do it also but will dry out quickly due to the in car temps hence the silicone spray - which btw can be used on the door rubbers at the top in the winter to stop them freezing to the window and applying drag on the regulator cables and motors.

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Same issue here, (RCZ 200THP charcoal).. I can't quite work out whether the Clutch is slipping due to mileage (35k) or it is the actual pedal/bushes?
Has any one managed to solve it?
If the clutch was slipping then the rpm would increase in spikes when changing gear as in you up shift and apply throttle and the revs increase quicker than road speed would normally, hence the term slipping. Another test is 2nd gear hand brake on and try to pull off (don’t keep doing it or it will burn the clutch) if the clutch is slipping it will gives revs rising but no “drive” or pull against the hand brake as much as it would normally. A noisy clutch pedal when depressed outside is usually the release bearing and is more of a spinning whine (rotating bearing of the release bearing coming up against the rotating pressure plate of the clutch) and comes and goes as you depress the clutch pedal with the engine at idle. Noise inside when engine off like the video posted by op is usually bushes dry or the slave cylinder rod against rubber gaitor both fixed with silicone spray 👍 hope that helps.

Pedro

Reaction score
Usually thrust bearing will begin to squeal first very rare a clutch plate itself will unless its worn to the Max then it just collapses & with dual Mass you feel a slight judder on take off