What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sports Pack Spec?

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ'ers

Has anybody ordered the sports pack on a 156 sport or GT and know if the "soundbox" comes with it?

This has slightly been mentioned within a different thread which was not specific to the sports pack so thought I would start a new topic to find out what you all know about this.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

From what i can now gather, the internal sports pack includes, the sports steering wheel, a lowered sports gear shift and an exhaust sound box, which i have been calling a "tuned" exhaust in some of my threads, only because that is what the sales guy called it.
This pack/kit option is currently £320 , and standard on the 200bhp.
I may be wrong here but i think this exhaust modification puerly gives an added bit of "exhaust oomphy sound" within in the car itself, and not actually from the rear end.

I'm sure theres a far better way of explaining this sound other than "ooomphy", but you get my drift.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it certainly seems to be a bit of a grey area.

A

Anonymous

Joske said:
I think it depends in which country you live. :eusa-think:

THIS

There is another long post about this and every country has different specs for this pack.

A

Anonymous

It amplifies induction noise, not exhaust noise :) it's clever kit though!

FGRob

Reaction score
You can't hear it outside the car, it's only for the cabin. :wtf:

I really can't see the point - sorry but that's just my opinion, I prefer the real thing from a correctly fitted induction system - when they become available that is.

I see it as just another potential leak / failure point on your induction system.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Another little concern of mine is, will it start to get a little annoying. My nephew had a Toyota MR2, with this sort of induction kit, it sounded great inside the car and outside, only for a little while though, on long journeys it was unbearable, then again with the MR2 the engine is right behind you , so maybe this made things a bit louder.

Perhaps this Peugot system is not as loud, but if it is purely for the people inside the car then i would imagine it must interfere with the overall cabin comfort !
Maybe the £320 or whatever it is, can be spent on something more useful and less intrusive.
Is there a big difference with the steering wheel and the gear shift with sports kit option, all the RCZ's at my local dealers have the sports kit on them so i havent seen the standard steering wheel and gear shift or heard the engine tone from inside the cab.
And if you "build" your car on the Peugot web site this does'nt really show the difference.
It would be good to hear from owners with this optional extra.

A

Anonymous

Yes!

I'm picking up mine tomorrow!

156GT with interior sport kit! i shall then let you know all1

A

Anonymous

Jactac, my personal opinnion for the default wheel is: do you feel comfortable driving a truck? xD

A

Anonymous

My understanding is that the valve only opens under hard acceleration. If you drive normally the cabin remains quiet. When I test drove the manual I had the dealer with me so I never pushed it too hard and I never got the chance to hear the noise. Throughout the test drive the cabin always sounded quiet. It's only when you give it a good boot full of throttle that you hear the noise.

A

Anonymous

When i took the 200bhp out, i thought sod the guy sitting next to me and went for gold, YEP it's a punchy little number.
How does the 156bhp compare ?

A

Anonymous

So finally i have my car too!

I'm part of the club, pic will come soon (i have the quad exhaust)

for the sound system, it is here, it makes broooooooooam when I press the accelerator. and i can tell the difference with the one that i have test drove because it was very quiet inside. BUT, i can also say that the sound system makes more sound on a 200hp because of the bigger turbo!

so now you know everything!

I'm soo happy yaah!

A

Anonymous

fonfon said:
So finally i have my car too!

I'm part of the club, pic will come soon (i have the quad exhaust)

I'm soo happy yaah!
:clap: Congrats and welcome to the Owners' Club and post those pics ASAP :thumbup: