What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler not retracting on one side

RCZfanboy

Reaction score
Hi guys

First post here so I hope this is not a repeat as I did a quick look first and couldn't find the same specific thing.

My spoiler has stopped retracting. Its been looked at and the description I was given was that "its a simple missing clip" however to be repaired by Peugeot will be a full replacement and £1000!

Does anyone have any experience of this same issue or replacing the same clip? (I appreciate my poor description doesn't help too much).

It's one side only too. Apparently when the mechanic called he said the dealership said its a common thing...I am thinking it may be a part I can salvage?

Thanks in advance.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If its one of the clips you would be better off going to the scrap yard or look on eBay... I have heard that a couple of the fin's have slight cracks in them but not heard of any going altogether. What is the colour of your RCZ..... As I do have one in my garage...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
For the dealership to say it’s a common thing is bull sh1t. It’s the first time I’ve heard of it happening & I’ve seen many hundreds of owners issues while being a member on here.
Unfortunately it’s a common thing for dealers to just replace nowadays instead of looking to repair.

As Les says, you should be able to find one at a breakers, or take him up on his offer, even if it involves painting it would be cheaper than giving the dealer a pot of cash.

Ian J.

Reaction score
On my 3rd RCZ and never had any spoiler issues so I doubt its that common a fault

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh not a problem I’ve heard of before, loads of spoiler parts in breakers and on eBay.

Woodso

Reaction score
May be a stupid question but does the spoiler housing have any drain holes?
Reason I ask is that over the last couple of days I have left the spoiler raised and with all the rain we have had the housing was filled with water, which went everywhere when I opened the boot. I managed to dry it out but I could not locate any drain holes.
Is it just best to keep it closed all the time in order to keep it dry?

Pedro

Reaction score
Reason I ask is that over the last couple of days I have left the spoiler raised and with all the rain we have had the housing was filled with water, which went everywhere when I opened the boot. I managed to dry it out but I could not locate any drain holes.
Drains off from the Profile of the Boot channels & out through the Holes in the rear valance under the bootlid

2retro

Reaction score
It does say in the manual to keep the spoiler down when washing the car too so I take that to mean don't leave it up when you're parked at home and it's pissing it down either if possible.

Pedro

Reaction score
It does say in the manual to keep the spoiler down when washing the car too so I take that to mean don't leave it up when you're parked at home and it's pissing it down either if possible.
Rain isn't a problem as it drains off naturally through the cars drainage system what I always do is clean out & spray a nominal amount of white grease around the sliding mechanisms either side of the spoiler which helps to stop any resistance forming from dirty residues left after rainfall etc

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes if you lift the boot lid and look underneath you will see two holes one left one right this is where the water drains from you could try pushing up a flexible thin wire but be careful not to part the flexi drain tubes under the boot lid.