What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler mount damaged

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone!

Haven't posted anything for a while, sorry about that. Got a trouble: spoiler mount on the boot seems to be damaged. You can see cracks on the pictures:

The replacement part for the spoiler opening mechanism is very expensive here. I have no idea how could this happen and how to repair it without replacing the whole mechanism. And how to prevent this part from further braking?

Had anybody faced this problem? What a solution?

Sorry for my English,
From Russia with love.

P.S. RCZ 156THP'2010.

Attachments

• tX9zr74yOGY.jpg
    tX9zr74yOGY.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 2,154
  • hZzv3WO7IYE.jpg
    hZzv3WO7IYE.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 2,154
A

Anonymous

I had a similar problem in that some of the plastic housing for my spoiler had broken.
It was about 9 months ago now.
I used a plastic glue from Wurth that cost about €30.
It did the job.
A new tray costs about €700 if I remember correctly!!
Good luck.

PS one day hopefully I will post pictures of my broken part and eventual repair.

A

Anonymous

O Lusitanian said:
I had a similar problem in that some of the plastic housing for my spoiler had broken.
It was about 9 months ago now.
I used a plastic glue from Wurth that cost about €30.
It did the job.
A new tray costs about €700 if I remember correctly!!
Good luck.

PS one day hopefully I will post pictures of my broken part and eventual repair.

Have you disassembled it from the car and then using glue, or just on car? Thank you very much for your answer!

A

Anonymous

I removed the spoiler first.
I think its about 6 or 8 screws.
Very easy but take your time re-fixing to make sure it all lines up again.