What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sound system...

A

Anonymous

I haven't gone for the jbl option as the standard speakers seem to be quite good! Does anyone have the jbl pack to compare? Also does anyone know if it is possible to connect a sub to the standard radio/cd/mp3 player in the gt? Oh and can u actually remove the radio to get at the connections on the back?

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes I have gone for the JBL system which is by no means Audiphile quality but in my opinion is certainly a better overal sound than the standard system. the treble is reasonable and the bass very good. Having previously used a sub in my previous vehicle it is not really necassary with the JBL unless of course you want to go for a ground shaking experience.

My observations are that the sound quality from CD's and well recorded ipod files are far better than that of the radio which is to be expected. The purchase of a digital radio tuner maybe an option to get over that one. It coud be be plugged directly into the jack socket. Just a thought.

The unit does look as if it can come out independantly as it does have the usual 4 holes for the removal tools in which case you should be able use an output for a sub, even if there is not a specific sub output.
Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks alot for the useful and quick reply!! :thumbup: It's too late to upgrade my system to jbl and I only have to wait for it to arrive now and do not want to delay me getting this car! I did expect the jbl to be better but I was hoping to hear that it's not that much better! Haha (only as I don't have it). I think I will hook the system up to a decent sub just to add that edge to the standard system.
Thanks again for the reply.

A

Anonymous

I found I had to adjust the bass down as it was creating a bit of interference (so if you're into Drum & Bass or Ravel's Bolero you're in trouble) but once I did that it's been fine. The car's so quiet you hear pretty much everything anyway. I guess it depends what you want. If it's just clear, audible, decently presented music then the basic system's plenty good enough. If you want anything more then you need a better system (although in that case I'll go use my proper system in the flat).