What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

sos buttons do they work in uk

A

Anonymous

hi all :wave:

Has any one used the sos /peugeot lion buttons and do they work in Uk?

any one. :helpme:

FGRob

Reaction score
DRWHO BLUE GT said:
hi all :wave:

Has any one used the sos /peugeot lion buttons and do they work in Uk?

any one. :helpme:
No - it's only available in Europe I understand.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Yes they do work in the UK if you have the sat nav option. There is a sim slot in the arm rest put a PAYG sim card in there and it works.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Yes they do work in the UK if you have the sat nav option. There is a sim slot in the arm rest put a PAYG sim card in there and it works.
I have the sat nav and was still told it only works in France.

FGRob

Reaction score
Grantp said:
Don't get confused with your mobile phone and the Peugeot SOS button, I understand they don't run that system over here.

Here you go - take a look at this ;) http://www.peugeot.com/en/innovation/sa ... t-sos.aspx

Rob

A

Anonymous

I had always assumed it worked as dealer told me it did. My last 2 Peugeot have had the little red button as depicted in righthand picture of the link you gave, I just thought it worked never tried so didn't really know. I'll ask my dealer when i go in for 1000 service.

A

Anonymous

dont quote me on this: Coming sometime in the summer i saw on the Peugeot website

A

Anonymous

Both, the SOS-Button and the Peugeot-Service-Button work fine in Germany.

doc

A

Anonymous

The Connect SOS and Assistance system will be commercially launched in the UK on the new Peugeot 508 due in late April/May.

Its currently available in 10 european countries.

regards

Marcus

lionhart

Reaction score
if you follow the link by FGROB there is a short video showing you what the sos button does.hope this help's :)

A

Anonymous

In the event of a serious accident (measured by the triggering of the airbags) Peugeot SOS will automatically contact the appropriate emergency services and pinpoint the exact location of the vehicle. The system can also be manually triggered by driver or passenger if you come accross a serious accident. Since its launch in europe in 2003 the system has facilitated the rapid response of the emergency servicies in neary 4000 situations.

The Connect Assistance allows you to directly contact the breakdown services in the event of a minor incident. Again the system is effective as it pinpoints the exact location of the car.

This system is launched in the uk on the new 508.

A

Anonymous

Marcus, any idea if and when this will be activated on the RCZ ?

A

Anonymous

I believe it will work in RCZ when the 508 launch occurs....in Rcz with sat nav you will need to have a phone sim card (a pay as you go one or something) in the tray in the centre console as it wont connect via a bluetooth link.

regards

Marcus

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZGT200 said:
I believe it will work in RCZ when the 508 launch occurs....in Rcz with sat nav you will need to have a phone sim card (a pay as you go one or something) in the tray in the centre console as it wont connect via a bluetooth link.

regards

Marcus

Will this only be on GT spec as I don't have a SOS button on mine and will it just automatically become activated?

A

Anonymous

I odered the GT, na na na na, sorry RCZ1, couldnt resist that. :eusa-whistle:
Then again you got Pearl white and i have'nt...... :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
I odered the GT, na na na na, sorry RCZ1, couldnt resist that. :eusa-whistle:
Then again you got Pearl white and i have'nt...... :eusa-think:

No but you got every other option going :D

A

Anonymous

Yep, I've been told SOS being activated in UK this summer too. Can't believe I had a very similar system installed on my SLK 32AMG as an after sales extra to the tune of £1,500, & here it is on my RCZ, included in the price. Just love this motor more & more every day-what value!!! :dance: