What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sooo disappointed! Fault codes P1030 & P1062

A

Anonymous

Cant say how upset i am about my RCZ - love love love my car - saved ages for it, finally got it 1year 8mnths ago 2011 plate... but have had nothing but trouble with it...

August last year had engine fault - something to do with the injections - it just stopped, didn't start and didn't move. Luckily, although i was out of warranty by a month, because i had been in with previous faults also, the mended it under 'goodwill'...

But 2 days ago, had another 'engine fault, repair needed'. This time P1030 & P1062... Apparently going to cost me 3.8k to repair :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have been told its the cylinder head - but also all the '1 time use' nuts, bolts, seals that will also need replacing in sorting it, so parts plus labour plus vat comes to = i just cant afford it - car must be worth 10k now...
I've had 2 dealers look at it (warning came on near Peugeot dealership, so they diagnosed it - then i had RAC tow it to my local dealership & they diagnosed same...) I've seen photo of a part where metal had totally gone...

Option to 'Exchange it in' (I've been told they will auction it rather than repair)
Another option, perhaps to take to non dealership mechanics to sort it??????
or buy a new engine & get non dealer to fit it???

I've totally made a loss of 6K as it is + mends costs. :(

:idea: :?: Please does anyone have any ideas, thoughts, help etc or even had these fault codes... :?: :idea:

Is it neccessary to replace ALLLLL the many parts it states for doing the cylinder head? is this just dealership precaution? can i get it onthe road again if i do go to other mechanic? is the engine so fine tuned, that another mechanics is not a good idea?

Its been such a bad buy - but i I totally love my baby...

Attachments

• rcz fault codes.JPG
    rcz fault codes.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 9,627

Sanity

Reaction score
Re: Sooo disappointed! Fault codes P1030 & P1062

Does the car run normal? If so try to do a ECU reset. Cleared the P1030 for me last summer and everything been working fine ever since.
On my mobile atm so can't check the 1062 code.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.
The car has lost its umf! i am unsure which code refers to the cylinder head - but there is definatley damage they said where metal is coming off (as attached photo shows). Will certainly look into your suggestion though - every little helps - Many thanks

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you know of or can have recommended a non dealership garage, it might be worth getting a quote from them, but of course, you do risk spending a smaller amount of money for a non permanent repair. Just make sure they offer some kind of warranty on the repair.
Possibly time to think about getting the repair done at third party garage the swapping it in (at a dealer who doesn't know it's history) for another Z.
Mk2's don't appear to have the same number of problems the Mk1 had, and the prices of those have come down quite a lot recently.Beleive me, when you get a Z that runs without issues its a beautiful thing indeed.

A

Anonymous

THank you for your post. and for a little hope - i thought that dealerships shared info on their computer system! and if new engine then the chassis(?) no. would ring a bell perhaps. I take it i have a Mk1 then? the front is not the new design - mines (Jan 2011)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes it's the Mk1 as the Mk2 weren't introduced until 2013.

I think if you decided to trade it, you might get away with it if it had been repaired and was running ok with no fault codes. I'm not sure that they would have recorded your issues at the dealers you had tried.

If you do decide to trade, the Mk2 has the new front end with the DRL's instead of fogs. The Mk2 is not without its issues, but they don't seem to have as many common faults as the Mk 1's.

Things to check for, cill damage (if care hasn't been taken jacking the car), timing chain/tensioners, ANY issues with the likes of temperature sensors, HP fuel pump, sensors in general.

These are not "common" issues, but I know that for people on this forum who have had problems, these seem to be the more popular ones.

It's easy to read about all the faults that people list on here and think the RCZ is a bit sh1t really, but you have to bear in mind that all the good folk out there that don't have any problems, just don't bother posting. So it seems like everyone has issues, but of course that is not the case.

There are people on here that are now on their 3rd RCZ, I am still on no1 but if I had my way, my next car would be an R, unfortunately my OH has other ideas about the size of our next car, even though she loves our Z.

There are of course "common" issues with any brand be it Peugeot, Audi, VW, etc etc so the few earlier Z's that have have had multiple issues shouldn't put anyone off the model, the owners have just been very unlucky.

Rant over, you might be able to tell that I quite like RCZ's. ;)

A

Anonymous

Hi Shemshem, sorry to jump in on your post but I just wanted to pick up on something DKZ5745 said. However firstly I must say how horrified I am to hear about your problem. The thought of having to spend so much money on a repair is just horrific. Do you think this would have been covered by the warranty if you had taken out another one after yours ended?

I am due to pick up a 10 plate on Saturday therefore a MK1 and I am now worried I am destined for a load of problems after reading DKZ5745's comment. I am hoping that not all MK1's have problems and that if you are one of the lucky ones, you may escape such outrageous costs. It really is a mixed bag of reviews for MK1's though and if I had not been wanting an automatic I may have thought about getting a new model but alas they didn't make Auto versions.

I hope you get yours sorted out. Not a nice situation to be in.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Please don't be put off by my post. The percentage of Mk1's out there with these issues is going to be very low. I don't actually know what the difference in percentage faults is between the Mk1's & Mk2's, it's just that there seems to be more Mk1 owners on here with these "common" faults.

Put it this way, if I didn't have a Z & I didn't have an OH :eusa-whistle: my next car would be a Z and if it was a Mk1 I would be a very happy bunny indeed.

A

Anonymous

thanks again for all the top tips. I'm not put off, however am now below budget to buy another one again... but will certainly give it a go. I had imagined it lasting quite some years more!

I 'dealed' in an extended warranty at the time of purchase - and when it ended, i was under the impression i couldnt warranty it any more - i never got an infomatation otherwise & the dealership didnt mention it when i brought it in last August. ...

What i will say for 'Sharpy1964', the part that went wrong on that occassion was commented as being a BMW part! - this was a new one on us, but apprently theres bmw parts in it! its obvioulsy luck of the draw on any car! :/

The buzz i get from the RCZ is spot on each time - even when its just sat there and i walk out to it from the super market lol! everyone always comments on it also.
Be aware though that certain parts are silly money to replace - ie the back wind screen, and the lamps dearer than merks.
2 mates had TT's for company cars, then went on to RCZ's - they both swear they are the better drive! and RCZ definatley more space in the back and boot! go ahead get one and enjoy - but maybe cover yourself with warranty, and RAC (the day after i got it home, a tyre went! nail in side wall!! - if you have 19" some garages dont stock them - you'll need 24hrs)

renegade79

Reaction score
its difficult to advise on your issue but i hope you get it sorted soon. the RCZ is a wonderful car and its easy to be negative and see the bad things but the reality is some people will only post bad things about their Z on internet forums... its like newspapers, you only ever hear bad news in it. good news doesn't sell newspapers and rarely will one person post one good comment about their car and leave it at that.

for the OP, a second opinion on your car might be a good idea. give you a little perspective if nothing else.. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Shemshem. I've signed the deal so there's no going back anyway but I am looking forward to getting the car as I really love the look of them. This might sound a daft question but I know there isn't a spare wheel provided but is there an actual space where one can go? I was thinking of getting one and putting it in, just incase. I am with the RAC already and have home start so at least I have piece of mind there.

renegade79

Reaction score
yes the wheel well is there but no wheel. the space is occupied with a foam wallet containing the air compressor and a few other bits and pieces. there is plenty of info on the site regarding a spare wheel and a a few diff options. i didnt bother with a spare wheel and i had my car for nearly 3 years. if i was going on a long journey or taking the car abroad, i brought a spare tyre and it fit into the wheel well. some people opted for a full wheel but then you need to deflate the tyre so it will fit into the well and also you need to buy a suitable and proper jack and wrench etc.... have a search on the site and you will see plenty of useful information.

A

Anonymous

Well do enjoy your new RCZ sharpy1964. It is worth it. like i said my tyre went straight after getting it & then another about month later! any one would think i lived on a screw farm! most tyres are mendable at the road side - it just happened that both times mine werent! one hole was too big to even double plug and again on the side wall. I shouldnt worry to carry one round with you :roll: - only on long distances & around xmas maybe! You could go all out and get some tyre chains also for this polar snow we've got coming :lol:

Current UPDATE: - 'Good Will' claims have so far offered 50% of repair... better than the initial slap in the face! have 'objected' for more! fingers & toes crossed....

A

Anonymous

Thank you Renegade79 and Shemshem. I will hold off on the spare wheel. Actually it was only going to be a spare tyre I was thinking of getting as I found reasonable priced ones on a site called Blackcircles.com. I guess I'm just used to having a spare wheel with my Hyundai Coupe. Fingers crossed I don't have your bad luck Shemshem and good luck with your quest for more money!

A

Anonymous

how funny - my previous car was a hyundai coupe also!! all the best.

2retro

Reaction score
Shemshem said:
...my previous car was a hyundai coupe also!!
Don't worry, we won't hold it against you! ;)