What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Someones Keyed it!!!

A

Anonymous

HI,

Someone has keyed my spanking new RCZ. Right through to the metal. Any ideas on the best solution to get it fixed would be much appreciated,

Sob Sob

A

Anonymous

sorry to hear of your mishap, this seems to be a common thing nowadays. my daughter had hers done in gatwick area.
she was in the hairdressers at the time, an elderly lady was down side of her car she saw her but didnt think anything of it.
then daughter returned to the car and full length scratch. so dont always blame younsters for all the vandalism.
you could try the smart repair people they are advertised in yellow pages,have heard some good reports but never used them.

A

Anonymous

Tytyk, what horrendous news. My sympathies and hope you can get it all fixed pronto and to your complete satisfaction. There are no polite words to describe people who do this :( .

A

Anonymous

Perhaps there are security cameras near where you parked. You might be able to identify the culprit. To me, keying a car is the lowest act of vandalism there is. I have absolutely no time for losers who vandalize personal property and I will do my utmost to ensure they get caught and suitably punished !!

A

Anonymous

Firstly TyTyk, i'm sorry to hear about the keying, you have to consider that there some very jealous people around, it's not always senseless teenagers or vandals.
As for the repair, well lets be honest, it has to be done correct and ASAP.
Personaly i wouldnt use one of those mobile paint repair companies, ok for a small patch up job if the car is being tidied up to move on, but a brandnew RCZ, never !!
This has to go to a reputable paint shop with baking ovens ect.
How can a paint repair that is done outside in the open with minute particles of dust flying around compare to an extracted dust free, sealed paint booth and baking oven ?
Even the temerature outside will have an affect on how the paint dries and finishes.
Some of the paints used on vehicles these days have to be mixed and applied in the correct environment and in the correct manner , not mixed up with a stick in the back of someones van !
Get it done correctly and you will not notice the diiference, get it done cheaper and on your drive and you will always be sorry.

A

Anonymous

OMG I'm so sorry to hear this. That is absolutely terrible news - I hope you can get it repaired :-( What a nightmare.....

Best Wishes from Scarlet and Flash x

A

Anonymous

So sorry to hear that some mindless yob has damaged your pride & joy :-( hope you get it sorted,

Best wishes

A

Anonymous

Hi tytyk,
Sorry to hear about this mindless act. I would agree with jactac about the repair process. Depending where you live, I know a great place in Leicester. Try your local dealer to see if the can recomend a good paint shop.