What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Some idiot has scratched my RCZ!

A

Anonymous

I came back to my RCZ to find three guys leaning all over the car trying to look at the interior etc. On of them had a coat with long zipped pockets and he has managed to leave a hairline scratch about six inces long just in front of the drivers wing mirror.

Just ordered some Meguiars Scratch X v2.0 to see if I can get rid of it. I don't mind people admiring my RCZ, but I wish they would be a bit more careful and respect my car. :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I feel for you Hart. This is what I always fear.
You see people walking in between parked cars in a car park. Jackets are open, zips are blowing around and catch the side of cars. Women's handbags knock against wing mirrors or the paintwork and they all leave scratches. People really should take more care.

I hope the Scratch X sorts it out for you.

A

Anonymous

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...a total, careless lack of respect. How infuriating! I completely sympathise, I'd go mental! :thumbdown:

Hope you manage to get it out OK!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I feel for you Hart. This is what I always fear.
You see people walking in between parked cars in a car park. Jackets are open, zips are blowing around and catch the side of cars. Women's handbags knock against wing mirrors or the paintwork and they all leave scratches. People really should take more care.

I hope the Scratch X sorts it out for you.

...and not forgetting the dreaded golf bags/trolley's being wheeled between parked cars, if you're a golfer. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Oh God, I'm so sorry for you.......... I hope you can get it fixed.

Big hugs from Scarlet and Flash x

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Fortunately it is only a hairline scratch and you have to look closely to see it. The problem is that I know it's there and that really bugs me.

Anyway, with luck the scratch X will remove it.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

What a bummer :thumbdown: . As you say, you don't mind (even LOVE) people admiring your car but folks are so thoughtless nowadays. Where have decent manners gone? Even walking around supermarket aisles my blood boils when I see people dawdling or blocking the aisle with their trolley abandoned :evil: :evil: . Makes me want to vent my spleen :lol: . I think I'm turning into a grumpy old woman :lol:

On a more serious note I sincerely hope the scratch-remover stuff does the business.

FGRob

Reaction score
It's a pain when that happens, I had someone looking into the car when I first had it, they very kindly left a small indent in the drivers door as they bent over to look inside (Pressed with their hand) - a scratch is a pain which should come out, a dent as small as it is, is still going to cost me £70 - £80 to get it out. :evil:

I suppose it's the price we pay for having such a great looking car. :roll:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I tried Megiures Scratch X 2.0 with no joy. Whats even worse is I had my RCZ into the dealer for it's 1000 mile check and they washed the car afterwards. My car is now covered in scratches and swirls. I think they must have used sandpaper to wash my car. :thumbdown: :x As I detail my car every two weeks I knew that I had only one scratch on the car.

As usual the dealership is denying any responsibility for this damage to my paintwork. :evil:

Can anyone recommend a good product to remove these scratches and swirls?

The bottom left hand grill has also broken. There is absolutely no evidence of a stone strike. One of my friends had it over his pit and it looks like a part failure. I'm taking my car in on Tuesday for its annoying door rattle and I am going to ask them to look at the grill as well. Not very confident that the dealer will do anything about it though.

Overall the door rattle and awful customer service from Peugeot are starting to ruin my RCZ experience.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Hart.

Sorry to hear things have not worked, the only real solution to removing swirls etc is a good machine polish and wax, I did mine last year but it's due another one shortly.

I do have some pretty strong scratch remover made by Mer (I think it's them), you are welcome to try it - saying that, you are only just up the road from Gaydon I'll bring it with me on Sunday if you come down. :wave: ;)

Rob

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the kind offer Rob. Unfortunately I am not available on Sunday. As soon as the original meeting was cancelled my wife arranged something else. :thumbdown:

I have my car back at the dealership today and I am awaiting a phone call from the service Manager. I'll let you all know how I get on.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Hart

Did you ask the dealer NOT to clean the car when you took it in? I always ask them not to do it and I make sure that its written on the job sheet, as well as attaching a label to my keyring stating DO NOT WASH MY CAR in big letters.

If you asked them and they ignored your request then you have a leg to stand on, if you didn't ask them, then I'm afraid you have no comeback.

As Rob as said, the only way to remove the swirls and scratches is to machine polish.

I hope you get your problems sorted out soon and hopefully this will restore your faith in the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ1,

I did not ask them not to wash my car because it did not occur to me that they would for a twenty minute fluid check at 1000 miles. Anyway, the dealer has offered to take my car to their bodyshop for two days and polish out all of the scratches. They will not do the whole car, just the scratches they can see. I am going to give the car a good clean this weekend and draw diagrams showing where all the scratches are located. At least if they miss any that I have not identified it will be my fault.

They will not do anything about the front grill as they say it has been damaged from underneath. I have not hit anything so I can not see how it is "damage from a colllision". Just the internal black grill and chrome strips is approximately £450 fitted :shock: . Trying to decide whether to go ahead with this as an insurance claim, however my insurance carries a £250 excess so it is going to cost me no matter what I do. :thumbdown: I believe there is a weakness in the front grill as there is no evidence of a large stone strike and I would definately know if I had hit anything.

The annoying rattle may have been caused by loose relays located under the passenger seat. These have now been "packed" and I am waiting to see if the rattle returns.

:beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I do feel for you and this front grill problem could have an impact upon all of us :eusa-think: I hope they do get to the bottom of this because it definitely needs sorting out.

Hopefully the bodyshop will sort out your paintwork to your satisfaction. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I do feel for you and this front grill problem could have an impact upon all of us :eusa-think: I hope they do get to the bottom of this because it definitely needs sorting out.

Hopefully the bodyshop will sort out your paintwork to your satisfaction. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Hi K,

The dealer will not do anything about the front grill. Their stance is that it was damaged so it is not covered on warranty. I don't agree with that because I am an automotive engineer and it appears to be more of a structural failure, however it looks like any remedy is down to me. My biggest concern is if I replace it and the same thing happens again. The grills are so flimsy anyway that I think quite a few RCZ owners will have broken grills at some point. When a grill is changed (£112 ex VAT) for the part, the three chrome strips (£42 each ex VAT) also have to be replaced because they are glued onto the grill. Plus approximately £150 labour.

I'll let you all know how they resolve my paint issues. I am hoping my car will be booked in sometime next week. A bit annoyed really as I am on holiday next week and I was planning on doing a big detail of the car. Just ordered Werkstatt trigger and gloss as you used on Pearl.

Steve

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hart said:
RCZ1 said:

Hi K,

The dealer will not do anything about the front grill. Their stance is that it was damaged so it is not covered on warranty. I don't agree with that because I am an automotive engineer and it appears to be more of a structural failure, however it looks like any remedy is down to me. My biggest concern is if I replace it and the same thing happens again. The grills are so flimsy anyway that I think quite a few RCZ owners will have broken grills at some point. When a grill is changed (£112 ex VAT) for the part, the three chrome strips (£42 each ex VAT) also have to be replaced because they are glued onto the grill. Plus approximately £150 labour.

I'll let you all know how they resolve my paint issues. I am hoping my car will be booked in sometime next week. A bit annoyed really as I am on holiday next week and I was planning on doing a big detail of the car. Just ordered Werkstatt trigger and gloss as you used on Pearl.

You won't be disappointed with the Werkstat products. They are so easy to use and leave a lovely finish :thumbup:

Steve