What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sold a Car and the Bloke gets points

A

Anonymous

I sold my Blue MG ZT a while back and sent of the VC5 the following week.. now I get a letter in from Strathclyde Police... :eusa-think:

VC5 must not have completed its transfer yet although we both signed and dated it...

What is my next course of action.

A

Anonymous

Oh dear. This happened to me once, many cars ago before I knew about SORN forms. I had traded in to a car dealership and assumed they would complete the necessary documentation only to receive a very alarming phonecall from the police some months later to say the car still registered to me was found without road tax and I was liable for £400 fine. I had to contact the dealers I traded to, get the next garage's details and from them (fortunately) the name and address of the person who had bought the car, and then supply all of this to the police. After that, I heard not a squeak but it taught me a very salient lesson about documentation. Hope you get it sorted.

A

Anonymous

i would contact dvla they are very understanding then the police and they will sort things out.

A

Anonymous

happened to me too..................but basically what Bee said !