What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

So what sort of mileage can you get out of a THP 156

Ian J.

Reaction score
Due to reorganisation at work I'm now going to be based at an office in the north. A 500 mile round trip once a week plus other office visits which will mean an annual mileage of about 35000 just going to work. Looks like we will be using the wife's 3008 at the weekends. I've currently got a 30k mile 2015 plate thp156 so it will be interesting to see how many miles I can squeeze out of it in the next year or two.Anybody else run a 156 engine up to over 100k miles?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a couple on Auto Trader with about 100k on the clock it's all down to servicing the car at the correct intervals but an oil change between them won't go a miss....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I agree with the above, and if you think about it, all the petrol RCZ’s have basically the same engine*. Each one has been tweaked to provide differing outputs.
It’s well known that the more stress you put on an engine the more likely it is to fail, so going with that theory, the 156 should last longer than the 200 or the 270, and there are many documented 200’s and R’s that have gone past the 100k.

*yes I know that the R has many different parts and the engine has different materials, but nevertheless it’s still basically the BMW 1.6 Prince engine.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s a Belgian owner that’s got around 250K on his 156!!!

Ian J.

Reaction score
Anyone know the cost of replacing the cam chain/tensioners
Car isn't showing symptoms but I know it will need doing at some point so might as well get it sorted now if I'm going to be putting 600 miles a week on it

thornebt

Reaction score
You will probably get through two or three high pressure fuel pumps in 100,000 miles. And many engine fault codes! Cheers. Bruce.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
You will probably get through two or three high pressure fuel pumps in 100,000 miles. And many engine fault codes! Cheers. Bruce.

The replacement fuel pump on my R was working fine all the time till I parted with my R. At least in my case it looked like they sorted the issue permanently.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Guess I was lucky with the first two , did 63k on my 11 plate and the only issue was a coking of the valves which peugeot fixed under warranty. A family friend then bought it off me and ran it to 80k with no issues. Second one I only ran to 25k but no problems.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Ok so I said my car wasn't showing any cam chain issues , well that was true until the point when it did actually show cam chain tensioner issues and I've now got the issue of having the problem sorted. So a few quid to be spent if the warranty or dealer won't cough up. Strangely neither seem very forthcoming.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Your looking at around £500 -£600 to replace the timing kit from a Peugeot dealer but some may try and hoodwink you into parting with more so beware.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Yes been quoted £300 for tensioner and £1000 if the chain and sprockets need doing

Dawn

Reaction score
Hi going to work tomorrow had orange engine management, light on come on
need to drive 37 mile trip there and back dealership shut
is it ok to drive on orange light

Dawn

Reaction score
It all depends on why the EML is on.
My car got a mind of its own it drives me insane I had to hope for the best
It seems to have this issue( one of many )
I decided it don’t like rain when it rains heavy the light comes on
Then when it drys out it goes off
Like today drove 37 miles with it on
Then 9 hrs later turns off
It’s been in garage couple of months ago and they said they don’t know why
And that’s the dealership or I book it in with light on and by the time I get there it turned off they just said it’s intermittent
Oh they normally say to me time to sell
Lol
So tomorrow a another day se if I make it to work lol 😂

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It sounds like it could be a loose connection or a faulty sensor somewhere. If you get the fault codes diagnosed, they should point to the culprit. Sensor faults are not uncommon On the RCZ, and are usually quite easily fixed.

tm2204

Reaction score
Yes you need to get the car on a PP2000 diagnostics machine and look to pinpoint the problem. As DKZ mentioned... it's most likely a sensor fault or wiring issue 👍

When you say 'garage' do you mean a Peugeot dealership (who should run the car through PP2000) or an independent (who might not)?

Dawn

Reaction score
Hi yeah it does go to the pegeot dealership it’s now still closed but I rang them up and they said to take it to Kia whitch is next door and they are part of Evan Halshaw dealership the light had been on all week so I left it on drive on my day off I took it to kia they got no slots for nearly 2 weeks
but the service manager felt sorry for me 🤣he did a quick check manually and went through it he said no codes stored but possibley be needs. A oxygen sensor its all rest again I just done 80 mile yesterday
he said bring the car back in if it comes back on ( lol I sure I had one of them changed A few years ago )
what do you think 🤔