What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

So now it's a Sport ???

A

Anonymous

Has anyone registered with "My Peugeot" ?

I registered a few weeks back after picking up my new car, it's not a bad site, you can book services and keep records of any work ect ect and all you cars details are there automatically from Peugeot, taken from your vin number.

Anyway, yesterday whilst my car was being booked in for it's 1000 mile check up a quick comment was made about it being a 156 Sport, i pointed out that it was indeed a 156 GT !
They double checked the vin number and said it showed as a Sport but not to worry as "someone can't spell" !!
So there i'am thinking that i bought a GT in Milton Keynes and it turns into a Sport in Swansea.

Today i decided to update "My Peugeot" to show the 1000 mile check up in the servicing link, when i searched "My vehicle" it is logged as a 156 Sport with my vin number,
it will not allow me to change this to a GT.

At first i though my local dealer had got things wrong at their end but this info on the "My Peugeot" site comes from Peugeot, so how do i get this info changed or updated.

A

Anonymous

Haven't heard of My Peugeot, so I've just done a search and registered :thumbup:

The good ( :roll: ) news is that my car also shows up as a Sport (It's a GT)
Probably some Peugeot Nonce who doesn't realise that there are two models :sleeping-yellow:

It does register as a HDI though which is useful to know for when they Service the vehicle.

I've checked my V5C (Log Book) and that shows that the car is: RCZ GT HDI163

Otherwise, I'd be heading back to the Dealer for some money back :lol:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Have the same for my 156GT.....it's a little thing, but I would be happier if Peugeot tried a bit harder.

A

Anonymous

I was a bit concerned only because the dealer's system also showed it as a Sport and not a GT.

A

Anonymous

That's not that bad- my last yaris was registered as a 1.4 diesel when it was in fact a 1.5 petrol- not much difference at all! Lol

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Has anyone registered with "My Peugeot" ?

I registered a few weeks back after picking up my new car, it's not a bad site, you can book services and keep records of any work ect ect and all you cars details are there automatically from Peugeot, taken from your vin number..

OK, i take it back it's a crap site. :oops:

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I had the same problem mines a 200 GT shows as a sport.

Sent email + phone conversations with customer service & still not changed.

I registered our previous car that is now sold, have tried to delete of off but again despite emails & conversations still there.

Peugeot must waste thousands of pounds in wasted mail shots telling me service, MOT now due + trying to sell me extended warranty.

All a total waste of time & money.

The site is good for recording history / mileage every time car goes in.

A

Anonymous

Maybe it's beause the RCZ basicaly starts life as a Sport, and then the bits are added to make it into a GT. :eusa-think:

Whatever the reason, it would be nice for Peugeot to have the car listed as it's correct spec.
They are quick enough to get the correct spec on the invoice when you have to hand over your pennies. :x

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
They are quick enough to get the correct spec on the invoice when you have to hand over your pennies. :x

Now be fair Peugeot did not write out an invoice for your purchase. Perrys did, but Perrys presumably cannot amend the details on Peugeots web pages.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I think its two separate computer systems.

My car shows up the correct spec on main system & log book details are all correct. This is confirmed when checking out insurance quotes correct spec is listed.

You can try this just by entering reg no.

The customer care system in coventry just doesn't care thats the issue.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Now be fair Peugeot did not write out an invoice for your purchase. Perrys did, but Perrys presumably cannot amend the details on Peugeots web pages.

Now Ron, I'm in no way having a go at Perrys, in fact if it were not for the deal that i received from Perrys i would indeed be driving a Sport and not the GT.

The point i was trying to making is, Peugeot ( NOT PERRYS) are quick enough to get their prices correct when specing a model so how about getting their website correct when matching a car to its vin number.

Is that more clear !!!

A

Anonymous

This one is relativly simple to explain.... "Sport / GT" models are basically a spec invented for the UK market. In the rest of the world you buy an "RCZ" and add packs to it to get to your desired spec.

The "MY Peugeot website" is probably based on one of PSA's french web servers and is taking the vehicle data from the service system which shows all RCZ's as the same model.

For example on "service box" my GT 200 is described as "RCZ COUPE 2 DOORS 1.6 THP 16v 200 Manual gearbox 6" ....there is no mention of model at all.

Jactac - not sure what Days are going on about ! If they punch your cars chassis number into the system they will get the same sort of description as above but stating its a 156 so cant see why they have told you your GT is a Sport :?: .... simple way to check- if you have electric leather seats with bum warmers you have a GT as you cannot get this on a Sport. Ive also been e-mailed the message you sent to Peugeot customer services about this for me to sort out :eusa-whistle: Not quite sure what they will say when i explain its their own system thats not on the ball :oops:

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Yeah Marcus,
I've received an email today from Peugeot, saying that they have been touch with Days and basicaly asking them why i was told it showed up as a Sport ?
They have also been in touch with the "My Peugeot" web team asking them to try and update the site. :thumbup:

To be honest i didnt take a lot of notice what Days said because it was just a passing comment, but then when i logged into "My Peugeot" to update the servicing info i noticed that the car was showing as a Sport there too, so i deleted the cay out and re-registered it making sure the vin number was correct but it still showed as a Sport, so i decided to email Peugeot asking them to check it out.

I can confirm that i do indeed have leather seats and the bum warmers do indeed warm up the cheeks. :oops:
:beer:

A

Anonymous

I know how you feel when I got my car sent back to fix the exhaust they thought my car was an import which I was like what NO its not an import

A

Anonymous

I wasnt really over concerned because like Marcus said, it had leather seats & bum warmers (GT only), but when Days the dealers made a remark about it being a Sport, then the same day the "My Peugeot" web site also showed it as a Sport i thought it would be nice if everything matched on all data bases.