What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

snow foam recommendations please ????

A

Anonymous

Like it says...................are are they all much of a muchness?

just ordered the foam lance for my Karcher - Never done all this cleaning before the RCZ ( Land Rover driver you see) so its all new to me. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Thanks FG, I read that thread already and just rescanned it, but I cant see any mention of any brand of snow foam (unless it's me doing a "man look" :eusa-think: )

i've had a quick look online and there is a bewildering amount of different makes /colours/flavours? of snow foam............which is best though so I dont get something thats going to disappoint?

A

Anonymous

Send a PM to RCZ1, she's the queen of detailing, and I'm sure she'll be happy to give her recommendations.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I thought I would post my reply seeing as there have been a couple of new introductions into the snow-foaming world.
Both of them offer longer dwelling time - up to 45 minutes, and better cleaning capabilities supposedly.

Autobrite have introduced theirs called Magifoam
http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/magif ... 2725-p.asp

and the one that I have just bought Chemical Guys No Touch Snow Foam. The Chemical Guys one is not on their website yet, its only available to Detailing World members at the moment in a trial size. I've not had chance to try mine out yet, but rave reports, reviews and videos led me to try some out, as my current snow foam is getting low, and I need to get some more.

From video evidence that I have seen, leaving it to dwell for 10 minutes at the most, is sufficiently removing enough dirt from the car, that when you come to rinse it off, any remaining dirt is removed. Meaning that the car can almost be dried at this stage, without the need to physically wash the car. As I have previously mentioned, I've not tried mine out yet, so can't speak from experience, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know my thoughts on the new second generation of snow foams.

A

Anonymous

Right then - just tried the Magifoam and have to say that it wasnt as thick and clingy as I was expecting. having said that I left it to dwell for 10 mins then jet washed off and bingo! all the traffic film came off...................leaving it clean enough for me to chamois and then wax. Using my Karcher lance took about 2 inches of the bottle to do my RCZ and Mrs Harpo's Yaris so at that rate I'd say 10 washes per trial size.

The wax I used was the Dodo Juice light fantastic. (thanks for the recommendation RCZ1!) ..........The wax goes on easy and wipes off/buffs very easy - no sweat even for me as a newbie to all this clean car malarky. However the car looks like it did in the showroom now so result! By the way its a pearl white beastie.

Drink!

RCZ1

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
Right then - just tried the Magifoam and have to say that it wasnt as thick and clingy as I was expecting. having said that I left it to dwell for 10 mins then jet washed off and bingo! all the traffic film came off...................leaving it clean enough for me to chamois and then wax. Using my Karcher lance took about 2 inches of the bottle to do my RCZ and Mrs Harpo's Yaris so at that rate I'd say 10 washes per trial size.

The wax I used was the Dodo Juice light fantastic. (thanks for the recommendation RCZ1!) ..........The wax goes on easy and wipes off/buffs very easy - no sweat even for me as a newbie to all this clean car malarky. However the car looks like it did in the showroom now so result! By the way its a pearl white beastie.

Drink!

Hey H12RPO, its good to hear that the Magifoam really does what it says on the tin. I know some people have left it to dwell for up to 45 minutes but I think 10 minutes is more than enough :thumbup: . You didn't really chamois the RCZ down though did you :eusa-think: :?:

Glad you liked the Dodo Juice wax, the smells are lovely :thumbup: With it being a white wax and using it on a white car, did you have trouble seeing where you had applied the wax?

Did you take any pics of your pearl beauty wearing her new coat?

I'm dying to try out my new snow foam, but its doing nothing but rain around here. Pearl's looking really dirty. - hope I get the same results as you did with the snow foam!

A

Anonymous

:helpme: Whats the alternative to chamois?

The wax is a little difficult to tell where you've been but not impossible and anyway slap a bit more on just in case you've missed a bit was my approach :lol: Not much smell on the Banana foam though really (or the wax for that matter!) Still cant wait for the rain now to see the beading qualities of it :D

lionhart

Reaction score
hi H12RPO
the alternative to chamios are microfibere drying towel's. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Asda... They do like 3 Big Microfibres for £1 at the moment... I just bout a tenners worth :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Always use a top quality micro fibre cloths for drying your car and also for buffing off wax/sealant - the softer the better!

A

Anonymous

Right just been to Asda's abought a shed load of them (for the weekend) The girl on the till thought I was mental