What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Smoked Chrome Arches No Longer Available

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I had a call to day from my dealer advising that the black arches have now been discontinued due to poor quality issues. :cry: Gutted
Ordered 200GT pearl white with black solstice wheels & black arches.

Now need to pick new colour :(

Has anyone else had the call?

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I have been into another dealer today & the sales guy was not aware of it.
He went away & checked it out to confirm it was true.

Have now ordered amber red black solstice wheels with chrome arches.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Tr7v8 said:
I have been into another dealer today & the sales guy was not aware of it.
He went away & checked it out to confirm it was true.

Have now ordered amber red black solstice wheels with chrome arches.

Why didn't you stick to Pearl White with chrome arches?

Does this set your delivery date back now then?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Popped into my dealers yesterday to ask them about the smoked chrome arches. They knew about the problem but apparently they are waiting for VIN numbers to see exactly which cars are affected as it may not affect all orders :!: They will be contacting me early next week to let me know if mine is affected. They said all those who have ordered smoked chrome arches, they kept seeing the orders pushed back which explains it.

As you rightly say the arches are sprayed with paint to your colour choice, even the standard chrome ones.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Have you heard any more on your smoked chrome arches?

Now that I have chosen a different colour delivery date is scheduled for mid September :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Tr7v8 said:
Have you heard any more on your smoked chrome arches?

Now that I have chosen a different colour delivery date is scheduled for mid September :thumbup:

No I have not heard from the dealer even though they were supposed to ring me 2 weeks ago. I will be giving them a call on Monday, as the car is due to be built week after next.

Didn't you change the colour the colour of your car too - are you getting the red now ?

GT RCZ

Reaction score
yes we changed the colour although
the wife hasn't seen the colour yet not been able to find one. I was fortunate found one at a dealer by the time I had chance to show the good lady it had been transferred to another dealer. just hope she likes it.
Fingers crossed for you that everything is ok you will have a real good looking car.

If not thats a real poor service from the dealer.

These forums are very good at getting information having read the posts I was not surprised when I had the call about the arches.
The one call I have not had yet is another delay for the NG4.

RCZ1

Reaction score
My dealer has the red one and it does look really nice. In fact, if I had not already chosen the pearl white I would have ordered the red one. Its something a bit different as its not really red in the standard term - its more unusual and difficult to describe.

I hope yours won't be affected by the delay of the NG4.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Phoned my dealer this morning who thought they had already told me that mine was affected :!:

Anyway, so all smoked chrome arches are no more, so I'm having the standard chrome arches. I don't really mind because I like those too - but it would have been nice............

My build week has been put back by one week - now week 31 but I don't really mind because I don't want it until September anyway.

They will ring me again on Friday with more details as she'll know more then.

So not too bad really ;)

A

Anonymous

Wish I had a build date :( although i only ordered 30th June - just getting a bit impatient

RCZ1

Reaction score
deano said:
Wish I had a build date :( although i only ordered 30th June - just getting a bit impatient

deano - I know how difficult it is - the wait is killing me too but all good things come to those that wait :beer:

A

Anonymous

seen a limited addition with smoked chrome there was a fault on all those dealer had two of those had them sprayed black which i am going to have done on my pearl white car with carbon roof

RCZ1

Reaction score
markkaren said:
seen a limited addition with smoked chrome there was a fault on all those dealer had two of those had them sprayed black which i am going to have done on my pearl white car with carbon roof

They will look great :!:

A

Anonymous

I´d ordered at 15th of july. My dealer had an information from Peugeot: Black chrome arches and the carbon roof are avalialbe again at 1Q/2011 :police:

A

Anonymous

Gregmaan said:
I´d ordered at 15th of july. My dealer had an information from Peugeot: Black chrome arches and the carbon roof are avalialbe again at 1Q/2011 :police:

Direct quote from the Peugeot weekly supply bulletin of 30/7/10

"Further to a previous announcement, the option ED20 Smoked Chrome Arches has been deleted completely and will not be available to order"

and there has never been an issue with ordering a carbon roof.

Marcus