What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Site visit to Magna Steyr in Graz Austria 6th May

FGRob

Reaction score
Dear All.

I've just had it confirmed that Peugeot have organised a site vist to Austria, through our Dutch colleagues, to view the production of the RCZ, the actual date of the tour will be the morning of the 6th May 2011.

I'm just waiting for confirmation of places available so at the moment I'm just seeing if anyone is interested, I have already confirmed that I will be going, which I'm also going to tie into a trip around the Nurburgring :dance: and then on to tour Italy.

Thanks
Rob

A

Anonymous

The trip round the Nurburgring sounds like it could be a blast!!!

FGRob

Reaction score
Well I thought I would give a little up-date to this, currently there are 23 people attending with a max tour size of 24 - so one place still open :thumbup:

The agenda is as follows:

May 6th
8:45 Arrival at MAGNA STEYR with Peugeot RCZs
Parking spaces reserved (near VG Nord) :crazy: :crazy:
Name and car registration at the entrance Liebenauer Hauptstraße

9:00 Welcome: Company presentation and presentation of project and
industrial process – (Ausstellungsraum VG Nord)

9:30 Plant Tour Peugeot RCZ (in English)

11:30 Refreshments (Ausstellungsraum VG Nord)

11:45 Transfer with own RCZs to Test Track :dance: :dance:
Parking spaces reserved (in front of Test Track)

13:00 Expected departure

For me it's then onto Venice / Northern Lakes for a few days.

It's nice to see it's been organised so well both by Peugeot and the Dutch RCZ Owners Club, I'm so looking forward to this. :beer:

Rob.

HelsBels

Reaction score
Is there likely to be any more factory visits arranged in the future?
As you know Rob, I was very interested but am not likely to be able to go now (and certainly not in my RCZ!).
See my signature - more details (and the horrific pics) will be posted by me soon.

HelsBels

Reaction score
Whilst stationary in traffic on the motorway yesterday morning some kind soul drove into me and shunted me into the van in front. Waiting to hear if there is any chance the car is fixable (doesn't look fixable to me) front end is the worst. I'm still in denial hoping it was a bad dream but the aches are telling me different.

FGRob

Reaction score
Well done the first bit, had a great run around the ring, it's the first time I've managed to shut the wife up, except for a few "oh F********** "

My photographer was too busy hanging on to take any photo's :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: although I noticed a couple of people taking our photo while we were going around.

The car handled really well, got upto second stage spoiler a couple of times :dance: :dance: although there was some serious kit out at the same time so keeping to the right was always the main consideration. :wave:

On to Graz next. :dance:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Just wondered if this visit went ahead? If so what was you impression of the factory?

Stuart

FGRob

Reaction score
griff6804 said:
Just wondered if this visit went ahead? If so what was you impression of the factory?

Stuart
HI Stuart.

Yep it went ahead on Friday, well what can I say, these guys are top notch, this was the first group of paying customers to go around the plant, but the enthusiasm shown by the plant guys is remarkable - they love this product. Also manufacturered there is the BMW Mini Countryman, Aston Rapide, SLS - AMG and we did see the new SLS convertable :crazy: We were not allowed to take any photo's but Peugeot will release a copy of the official photo's later.

Interesting things learnt - our bonnet is aluminium so don't press to hard, we have a special steel structure at the front of the windscreen pillar, our aluminium side rails are not painted, they are hard anodized :crazy: There is a dealer fix for the wing mirrors leaking, which has now been added to the later models, not sure if I would trust my dealer to be honest.

We did see the Asphalt while we were there, it looks very nice but the seats are fantastic - real eye openers.

And there is a convertable, which still retained the double bubble and is living in the plant / Peugeot somewhere, the big downside is cost and hence they don't think it will be produced, we did not see it.

Currently the car has done just over a 1000 miles with an average fuel figure of 44 mpg - well pleased with that.

There are loads of other things to talk about, but if you ever get chance to visit then I would recommend it.

See you when I get back

Rob. :wave:

A

Anonymous

And there is a convertable, which still retained the double bubble and is living in the plant / Peugeot somewhere, the big downside is cost and hence they don't think it will be produced, we did not see it

wow, you saw it?? looks cool?

A

Anonymous

source who told me about the strengthening issue with the convertible mentioned a cost of >£40K if produced

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
And there is a convertable, which still retained the double bubble and is living in the plant / Peugeot somewhere, the big downside is cost and hence they don't think it will be produced, we did not see it.

well.. at the beginning when the rcz was released, i first waited to order one, because of the possibility that there would be a convertible (second stage waiting was because of some personal problems... ) and when i read that sentence i was like.. OH NOOOOOOOOOO F*************.... (because i ordered mine last wednesday) then i read the second part and then i had a big sigh of relief

id only buy the convertible if it retained the double bubble, and if its somewhat the same price range. .. but now i will have a red 200... so im sure that one will be pretty amazing too...

especially because an old 205 is the most recent car i'v owned.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
We did see the Asphalt while we were there, it looks very nice but the seats are fantastic - real eye openers.

They do look rather nice :thumbup: