What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Similarities between RCZ and 308

A

Anonymous

I am not so familiar with the Peugeot fleet, but I know there are some similarities between the 308 and the RCZ...
for example:
- the headlights
- the foglights
- the door-mirrors (???)
- the door-handles (???)

Are there more identical parts?

A

Anonymous

yep and most of the interior- and dash apart from the round clock.

A

Anonymous

some similarities, not much though: bonnet, lights, fog lights, bumper all have differences...it isn't exactly a copy of the 308

A

Anonymous

azakirstrcz said:
They both share the same floor pan!

The basics yes. Brakes, suspension, and a lot of other little bits are very different. Its a nice way to use a platform that already exists, saving passing the cost onto everyone who wants a RCZ

A

Anonymous

Southgate said:
azakirstrcz said:
They both share the same floor pan!

The basics yes. Brakes, suspension, and a lot of other little bits are very different. Its a nice way to use a platform that already exists, saving passing the cost onto everyone who wants a RCZ

Yep it's worked well for the Peugeot/Citroen and the SEAT/VW/Audi groups for years, where the same platform can be reused for different market segments and the main difference being the visual styling.

A

Anonymous

so would 308 chrome door handle covers fit on the RCZ???

A

Anonymous

RCZ007 said:
so would 308 chrome door handle covers fit on the RCZ???

This is what I had in mind, when I initially started this thread ;-)

A

Anonymous

Great minds think alike , this would look mad !!!! Will let you know
if I find out