What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Side stripes with RCZ text

A

Anonymous

I decided to buy some silver side stripes for my shark grey and they were going to be fitted today. There was an issue with getting the backing off the stickers and they ending up deciding to give up on putting them on the car. Now the peugeot garage say that they will need to check others at the warehouse to see if the French have sent a bum batch over.

I know these come as part of the feline kit but I only wanted the side stripes. Now suppose I had decided to put them on myself -would I have got my money back or new stripes i wonder?

The happy ending for me is that I wont lose my money and I will get my stripes-maybe in a few days if the rest of the stickers are Ok or if more need ordering it may take longer. I will keep you posted on this.

The lesson here is if you are considering any stickers don't try putting these on yourself unless you have done it before and also be aware that there can be problems with them.

A

Anonymous

Pls post pictures once they are up as I also drive the shark grey and was just contemplating fitting these silver side stripes !

Btw did you order through your dealer ?

A

Anonymous

yesthrough the dealer and got discount. I will let you know how i get on. In all honesty the silver should look good on the shark grey, especially if you have silver arches and alloys.

A

Anonymous

Booked in today as they had a new batch of sidestripes and guess what? The stickers don't work properly again. They are all stuck together and creased so they have given up. Another waste of my time and more disappointment. I await a call from the garage about the next batch!

RCZ1

Reaction score
I wonder if your garage are storing them correctly? Are they putting them somewhere damp and cold which is causing the creasing?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I wonder if your garage are storing them correctly? Are they putting them somewhere damp and cold which is causing the creasing?

It's a good point you make RCZ1 and i will look into this. Of course they are being ordered from a depot not too far away from the garage and it may an issue with their storage conditions rather than the garage but as you can imagine I am wondering about what on earth is going on.

A

Anonymous

Another attempt tp give me my silver side stripes was unsuccessful today and although disappointed I do feel a little sorry for the staff who are struggling to figure out why it keeps happening. They kept the stickers warm and yet they still did not separate from the backing without creasing. They have told me that Peugeot will probably send someone out. They will contact me-so I guess you will hear about that.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mmm wonder if other dealerships have suffered from the same problem? Although having said that no-one else seems to have reported anything about it happening to them. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Finally I am getting them done on the 24th. Free fitting because of the wait and I get to drive a white gt diesel RCZ with satnav for the day!

A

Anonymous

308 State said:
Finally I am getting them done on the 24th. Free fitting because of the wait and I get to drive a white gt diesel RCZ with satnav for the day!
What's it taken? 5months?
Enjoy the Hdi. I do, I think that it is a brilliant little performer :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Has anybody put White side stripes on a black RCZ yet, are they available?
Scott