What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

should I take the plunge

FGRob

Reaction score
Is that a limited edition - it looks like it, nice spec but it's got 4000 + miles that's the only downside - good price though.

A

Anonymous

Donn't know about the petrol engines (mines a HDI) but the demonstrator at my local dealer drives better than mine with it's 4000+ miles on the clock. Can't wait for mine to be the same!!

On the flip side, it is nice to pick up a brand new car (I know I'm probably not helping here :) )

I personally wouldn't be worried about a used one (if the price was right) and the limited edition is a bonus.

A

Anonymous

The car I had previous to my current one (still awaiting my RCZ) was an ex-demo for a good price with less than 4K on the clock and I was very happy to take it. The down side was the trade-in value. :cry: If I'd gone for a new car with a dearer price tag I'd have got more allowance in the trade in than in the situation I found myself in so IF you're trading in, remember that small fact. Also, as others have/will mention, there's nothing quite like getting a brand new car with your own personalisations to it. :dance: I guess I'm not helping either :cry: :helpme:

A

Anonymous

well I do prefer a new car and always buy new but I'v never had to wait so long for a car and Im so excited about the RCZ that I dont want to wait :cry: although I also dont want a used car

A

Anonymous

I guess the key question is do you want to wait for the new one? If you're prepared to then that's what sounds best. If you're impatient sounds like you've found a good alternative!

A

Anonymous

its a good spec and good price go for it you could be driving in it soon

A

Anonymous

I had to order as the dealers weren't allowed to sell demos/show room cars in May
Mine is due next week,so I know it will be worth waiting for. :brickwall:
Both my local dealers have placed their inital demos up for sale this week and are asking £1500 less than new, I think with the elvated price makes a new one worth waiting for :auto-car:

:mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

My current car was brand new all previous cars were used. Brand new car felt so much more special then other ones add to that the RCZ is a special car anyway and I would wait for new car and spec I wanted, but thats just my opinion.

A

Anonymous

i'v been thinking about it all weekend and in then end I'v decided just to wait for my car in december Its going to be a tough wait but I'd rather have it brand new and be the first person to take it for a proper drive :D Its going to be a long 3 months though

A

Anonymous

RCZ20 said:
i'v been thinking about it all weekend and in then end I'v decided just to wait for my car in december Its going to be a tough wait but I'd rather have it brand new and be the first person to take it for a proper drive :D Its going to be a long 3 months though
Personally I think you've made the right choice but I agree the wait's a killer :cry: Still, you might get a call like I did to say the car should be ready earlier than anticipated. Here's hoping :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ20 said:

Maybe the dealer will let you take an occasional drive in the demonstrator to make the wait more bearable :lol:

Glad you were able to come to a decision - I'm sure you'll be happy with your car when you get it (and this way it's exactly the spec you want)

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think you've made the right choice too - there's nothing better than picking up a brand new car :thumbup:

The wait is long but you will appreciate it even more when it comes :!:

A

Anonymous

Hi mate
O MY COD! what a decission to have to make!! Would be interesting to see if the Brothers Fish would do a deal on it, you could probably batter them on the price but trouble is, once you're hooked on the RCZ its only a matter of time til you're reeled in.
:D Doing the right thing in my view :thumbup: