What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Shall I ???

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Just joined the forum as I am close to buying the wife a new car and both of us adore the RCZ

I have been going on about it for months and all I got back from her was " it's not an Audi " and then......she saw one !

Can't afford a new one but willing to spend 18k but worried about residuals and ( whisper it ) it's a peugeot !

All opinions welcomed

Murph

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the Forum Murph :thumbup:

You sound like me..a sceptic of (whisper it) Peugeots! Well, I've had 5 new Mercs over the past 18 years & love them. But I fancied an additional car that would 'grab' me, & have looked for the 2 years but nothing quite did it for me! Then I saw the concept of the RCZ & thought "Hummm, bet that does'nt look 'that' good when it arrives" :eusa-think:

My wife then saw one & came home all excited & said, "you'll love it 100%..it's fabulous". The rest is history really, I saw, fell in love & bought! My wife's little Merc has been kicked out of the garage & my E-Class is all polished up & under a dust cover in the garage (ever ready incase we need 4 seats) along side our RCZ, which is faulous!!!

The RCZ is unlike all the other Peugeots (allthough I would'nt knock the others, just not buy one), & even our Honda fanatic neighbour & her Audi fanatic hubby, are constantly drooling over ours! They are brilliant Murph, I am thrilled to bit's with it & it certainly would'nt lose out to my Merc for fum & satisfaction.

Go and buy that RCZ, your wife will love the attention it will bring her, more that the Audi, trust me! :thumbup:

I dont worry about residuals as I dont plan to sell for few years! Happy Motoring :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Murph,

I would echo what Marthamay22 has said,plus if you are going for nearly new then I don't feel you need to be concerned about residuals,as the biggest initial drop will have already been taken by the first owner (See seperate topic on residuals elsewhere on the forum)
All in all I am delighted with my car and like Marthamay22, over the years I have had a succession of German cars but the RCZ is easiy a match for them on quality and as for the looks,well i don't think there is a car out there at the moment to compare.
Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Andy H

A

Anonymous

Thanks to both of you for replying

We are testing one today at 1200 so will let you know what we thought , also looking at the obligatory TT in order to have the comparison and also the new Astra ( just to put me off completely )
:beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi Murph,

I picked up my RCZ yesterday. The looks are stunning and everywhere you go people look and stare. You will also get loads of people coming over to have a look at it. Above all it is a really great car to drive. You will not be disappointed. I was along side an Audi TT driver at the traffic lights today and he sat staring at my RCZ, then gave a thumbs up as he pulled away.

I did look at the TT myself when I was trying to decide what to buy. I hate to say this, but the TT needs an update it is starting to look pretty average. On looks alone the RCZ wins by a mile.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Murph and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

How did you get on today looking at the RCZ, TT and the Astra? Have you made a decision or are you still mulling it over.

For sheer looks alone, I don't think the RCZ can be beaten and even though I do like the TT, I personally think it looks very bland now compared to the RCZ - but each to their own. :thumbup:

If you do go down the RCZ route, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Keep us updated with whatever you decide :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi all. :greetings-wavingblue:

Ok, so not the greatest of starts as the 1200 test drive turned into an hour 1/4 wait and I started to get the feeling Peugeot's reputation for customer service was still live and kickin ! And then we drove it....

First up was the 200bhp petrol in shark grey which was nice although having the rep laying across the rear seats claiming it wasn't that uncomfortable was slighting off putting at first. Handled really well and stuck to corners like glue and really liked it. Then went back to dealers to try the GT diesel in stunning white - Straight away it felt like a more solid ride to me and the extras ( leather seats etc ) made an improvement on an already stunning looking car.

We do around 20k miles per year so the diesel was always going to be the sensible option but I wanted to hear and feel them both. I think we are both set on diesel if we go through with it.

Walking in Vauxhall to see the Astra was like going from waitrose to Lidel ( no offence to anyone shopping their ) but it looked so normal , made an akward early exit and went to see the Audi TT. No doubt some of build quality in the cabin feels more well made but your paying for it and all the TT's in our price range were the 3.2 quatro's which we can't afford to run.

End of it all is we have our names down with the dealer to monitor any ex demos coming up from sale as they have to hold these for 3-6 months before passing them on. Our wish list was a black or charcoal grey diesel GT

A

Anonymous

Murph said:
....back to dealers to try the GT diesel in stunning ***** - Straight away it felt like a more solid ride to me and the extras ( leather seats etc ) made an improvement on an already stunning looking car.

You said it Murph :text-bravo:

Tis the only one of the three to have :auto-car:

Wise choice....shame about the colour. Should have gone for Blue :eusa-whistle:

Enjoy :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Re: Shall I ??? Getting closer......

Hi all

Thanks to all those who posted a reply or read my message , first time on a forum like this and its so nice to get unbiased feedback.

Just to keep you updated , seems like we are getting closer to joining the exclusive club as we are close to putting an offer on a nera black GT diesel with around 1500 miles on the clock. :dance:

Can anyone tell me if you can take the car to any dealer even if you bought it 200 plus mile from where you live ?

I am still a little nervous about the reliability factor and also seen a worrying increase in reports of a clutch burn out but on the flip side and although not ideal i guess the car still would be under warranty so if we do have a problem we can try and have it fixed at Peugeot's cost ?

Anyway , keep you posted and hope to become a proper paid up member soon !!

FGRob

Reaction score
Re: Shall I ??? Getting closer......

Murph said:
Can anyone tell me if you can take the car to any dealer even if you bought it 200 plus mile from where you live ?

I am still a little nervous about the reliability factor and also seen a worrying increase in reports of a clutch burn out but on the flip side and although not ideal i guess the car still would be under warranty so if we do have a problem we can try and have it fixed at Peugeot's cost ?

Anyway , keep you posted and hope to become a proper paid up member soon !!
Hi Murph - and welcome.

No problem with your servicing or warranty, you can use your local dealer as normal - Peugeot policy to offer this.

Problems can occur, which is the same with any new model, Peugeot have very good in responding but unfortunately sometimes we do have a little problem with the dealers, but eventually it sorts itself out. ;)

All I would say is read through the forum, check out the event section - chance to visit Peugeot HQ in Feb, buy your car and enjoy it.

I am a converted Toyota man by the way :helpme: :oops: ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

yes murph i bought mine in lancashire and have service work done here in lincolnshire, have recently had a revised clutch pipe fitted (two hours) under warranty, local, they even cleaned the car after.

A

Anonymous

5000 miles 48 mpg and no problems, apart from a few delivery issues which are about physical handling before I got it not since.

Go get it

You will love the ''love the car'' :beer:

A

Anonymous

I also frowned upon Peugeot as years ago I had a Renault which was a lemon! I'm ordering the RCZ as my company car yet my 600+vat budget allows me to get a TT or A5 but I'm still choosing the RCZ. I used to have a Civic Type R and I'm missing all the attention lol. The way I see it when you pass an A5 or TT you might glance and think nice car but with the RCZ you would look and say "sweet Jesus what the hell is that sexy car"

I had extended test drive fri and we drove through towns and villages and everyone was looking even an OAP at bus stop. We even had a Porsche along side us at the lights and he was drooling at it

A

Anonymous

Morning Phil

We had a two hour test drive yesterday without a sales rep squeezed in the back and got the chance to have the time to have a proper inspection. I had read previously the reaction you get but just with it on the drive I promise you we had two cars stop on the street and just stare. We had a White GT with the black carbon wheels so it looked the nuts

My company car is up this year too but the wife wants the RCZ so I will be going for something a little more practical rear seat wise

A

Anonymous

You really have to do it Murph, I have had mine for just over 2days and wow it really is the nuts.

I to had issues with the Peugeot reliability history, having never had a french car before and i can not really say to much at the moment, but the car just looks so good.

A

Anonymous

robbo said:
You really have to do it Murph, I have had mine for just over 2days and wow it really is the nuts.

I to had issues with the Peugeot reliability history, having never had a french car before and i can not really say to much at the moment, but the car just looks so good.

It's a French car but remember, it's made in Austria