What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Service Intervals

A

Anonymous

Hi,

What is the recommended mileage for your first service - according to the manual it seems along way off ?

I am very pleased with mine so far (now done 3000 miles) but all cars have their issues.
I want to identify these quickly so I can get any mods etc sorted asap by the dealer under warranty rather than just wait for problems to fester.
So does anyone know what the main problem areas with the RCZ ?

A

Anonymous

There are several issues that have been reported with other RCZs but the dealership won't do anything unless your car displays problems.

- Timing chain tensioning issues - nothing to do here unless you get a rattling from the engine on start up when cold
- Wing mirrors gathering water corroding mechanism - I believe there is a modification to seals but you won't get it done unless your mirrors have issues
- brake calliper corrosion - paint them

The service interval is fairly long but that's not an issue for modern engines. By all means service it more often if you so desire.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Depends if you have the facelifted model or the "original". Facelifted model is every 10,000 miles or a year. The original every 20,000 miles or 2 years with the option if you wish, to have a small interim service after a year.

A

Anonymous

I didn't realize they changed the service interval with the facelifted model. I wonder if that was due to experience with problems with the original.

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
I didn't realize they changed the service interval with the facelifted model. I wonder if that was due to experience with problems with the original.

I think it was more to do with 'why are we telling people to come back every 2 years with £200, rather than 1'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Very much as you say dan. Quietly, I was led to believe that there is a lot of truth in the fact that it was changed to make the service dept busier. However, if your dealership is like mine, you can wait weeks until you can get your car looked at! :-(

A

Anonymous

The original model changed from 2yr/20k to 1yr/10k mid 2012. The facelift model continues with the 1yr/10k schedule. There were no mechanical changes that I'm aware of so Peugeot seems to want the service depts to generate more income.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Depends if you have the facelifted model or the "original". Facelifted model is every 10,000 miles or a year. The original every 20,000 miles or 2 years with the option if you wish, to have a small interim service after a year.

I had a read of the warranty booklet today as I wasn't aware of the change when I got the new RCZ.

From what I can see, it now says 1 year or 20k miles, not 10k, is this correct?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Derek said:
RCZ1 said:

I had a read of the warranty booklet today as I wasn't aware of the change when I got the new RCZ.

Ooh now you've got me! I thought it was 10k miles but I will go and double check...... Back soon :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Derek said:
RCZ1 said:

Ooh now you've got me! I thought it was 10k miles but I will go and double check...... Back soon :)

:D I think it said the 107 was 10k miles.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It looks like its actually 1 year or 12,500 miles according to the warranty booklet.

Would it not be the one highlighted in the attached picture unless you are talking about arduous conditions?

Attachments

• PSP.jpg
    PSP.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,057

RCZ1

Reaction score
That was the but I was looking at but in my booklet for normal conditions it says 12,500 miles or one year - strange hey?