What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sensor Faults

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

I love my new RCZ but I have only had it for 6 months so far I have had the Bluetooth system replaced after two days, the braided hose on the coolant hose started coming apart ..which we had to argue a little as they thought wrapping it with tape was sufficient enough, recently I have had the coolant light coming on and had to keep topping up my coolant; took it to Peugeot and they advised no fault found but advised to keep an eye on. So far no further problems? Yesterday I drove to work which is only 10 minutes down the road the display came up with a warning light saying engine temperature high turn off engine immediately. The temperature flew up to 130. I was only around the corner from my work so parked up, turned the engine off and the fan was making a horrendous noise. I then restarted the car no fault on display temp down to 90 but fan still loud. Thankfully I managed to get it booked into Peugeot this morning, straight away they said it would be the temperature sensor. Within an hour my car was fixed :) Fingers crossed no more warning sensor issues, although it does worry me that I'm having issues so quickly. Peugeot told me I was just unlucky ... :(
Has anyone else had these kinds of problems?

Thanks
Els
Exeter

A

Anonymous

Eli2fly said:
Hi Guys

I love my new RCZ but I have only had it for 6 months so far I have had the Bluetooth system replaced after two days, the braided hose on the coolant hose started coming apart ..which we had to argue a little as they thought wrapping it with tape was sufficient enough, recently I have had the coolant light coming on and had to keep topping up my coolant; took it to Peugeot and they advised no fault found but advised to keep an eye on. So far no further problems? Yesterday I drove to work which is only 10 minutes down the road the display came up with a warning light saying engine temperature high turn off engine immediately. The temperature flew up to 130. I was only around the corner from my work so parked up, turned the engine off and the fan was making a horrendous noise. I then restarted the car no fault on display temp down to 90 but fan still loud. Thankfully I managed to get it booked into Peugeot this morning, straight away they said it would be the temperature sensor. Within an hour my car was fixed :) Fingers crossed no more warning sensor issues, although it does worry me that I'm having issues so quickly. Peugeot told me I was just unlucky ... :(
Has anyone else had these kinds of problems?

Thanks
Els
Exeter

Faulty sensors are common on the earlier models. Did you buy the car new 6 months ago?

A

Anonymous

Hi
No it's a 2012 reg had 10,000 on the clock. Do you know what the general sensors are that go faulty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Eli2fly said:
Hi
No it's a 2012 reg had 10,000 on the clock. Do you know what the general sensors are that go faulty?

Engine temp seonsor and throttle position sensor if i remember right. But most common is the engine temp sensor.

A

Anonymous

Ah ok thank you at least I know what to look out for.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I changed my temp sensor a few months ago too. Common problem.

A

Anonymous

Fingers crossed I don't have anymore problems once its out of warranty

A

Anonymous

Eli2fly said:
Fingers crossed I don't have anymore problems once its out of warranty

Buy an extended one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I have had an oil level sensor and a parking sensor replaced.

A

Anonymous

I've noticed on here there seems to be a lot of sensor issues. Was that under warranty?

A

Anonymous

Yes they were. However the oil level sensor is playing up again ! The warning lasts a couple of days then goes off for approx 1 week.

A

Anonymous

Well I have a new sensor problem now. The parking sensors are working in that the diagram and warning bars come up on the display but the audible warning has disappeared! Peugeot electrics are such a joy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. No-the button turns everything off. I am getting the diagram and the warning bars but no sound.

A

Anonymous

Amazingly the audible signal reappeared as if by magic tonight! Oh we'll until the next time.

A

Anonymous

allanscho said:
Amazingly the audible signal reappeared as if by magic tonight! Oh we'll until the next time.
Was it accompanied by a graphic of a gallic shrug? :lol:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

It did not have the good grace to even do that. Well we will see what today brings.