What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Screeching Noise from engine

Lampasman

Reaction score
We recently purchased a 1.6 petrol auto RCZ automatic. Car looks and drives well however, after a few minutes after the engine has warmed up you can here a screeching noise coming from the engine. It sounds like the noise an old fan belt that is slipping makes.

It has been into the garage and they have changed 3 belts and still cant find the source of the problem. The only belt they didn't change was the water pump pulley.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as the garage gave up and have returned the vehicle.

Kindest regards

Bryan

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're right about it being a pulley as my previous car was the same when it was dry weather it would squealed like a pig but in the wet weather it would stop...

Ian J.

Reaction score
Mine does it on moving from stationary when first moving off and occasionally from stationary once warmed up
3 garage visits (different garages) and 10 months since it started nobody can tell me what it is .
Car drives fine .

Pedro

Reaction score
Spray some belt dressing on the belts if it stops it change the pulley & the belt if required