What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Scratch on Roof GGgrrrrr !

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
After washing my RCZ the other day I use a window squeegy to take the excess water off the glass roof. Bad idea ... I must have picked up a bit of grit somewhere as I now have a fine scratch
about two feet long. WTF !!! o_O

Of course its not glass as I thought but can anyone tell me what it is ? Painted metal or some kind of perspex ? My attempts to polish it out have only caused further problems.

Maybe someone else has had the same problem and knows of a cure.

I am really fed up !

Best Wishes
Rob

2retro

Reaction score
I believe it's painted metal. I would have thought you would be able to polish it out but somebody here will no doubt know the exact product required for such a job.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes, it’s painted metal. If you have access to a DA and rubbing compound you should be able to remove it, depending on the depth of the scratch. Even a good polish with a DA will have a chance of making it look a lot better.
No DA? Looks like a bit of elbow grease, but be careful not to concentrate on one area for too long.

apple3337

Reaction score
I've used that product. It's very good. Very easy to use and gentle on the paint. I used it on my plastic arches too! lol.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
You can polish the roof. I have done that few times. It can take machine polishing.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes, mines been machine polished a good few times. Always comes up like a mirror 👍

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. I'll get some of that. My initial thought was good ole T Cut but was afraid it might be too harsh.