What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Scottish CRZ

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, Ive just bought a 2011, Grey 1.6 THP GT [200], taking delivery on Friday. Just having a quick look in the forum and you dont seem to have a section devoted to the audio in the car. I noticed that some people have a JBL audio upgrade can someone tell me what this consists of. I like my music loud and had an amp and better speakers in my last car so was just wondering if the standard stereo in the rcz is any good? cheers.

A

Anonymous

ayrshirercz said:
Hi guys, Ive just bought a 2011, Grey 1.6 THP GT [200], taking delivery on Friday. Just having a quick look in the forum and you dont seem to have a section devoted to the audio in the car. I noticed that some people have a JBL audio upgrade can someone tell me what this consists of. I like my music loud and had an amp and better speakers in my last car so was just wondering if the standard stereo in the rcz is any good? cheers.

Nice to welcome a fellow Scot!! :thumbup: The standard stereo is one of the best in terms of quality that I've encountered. I have tried the JBL pack and, to be honest, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. In my opinion, it's a vastly overpriced and unnecessary option.

Great choice of RCZ. Do you know which options (if any) have been fitted? Bet you can't wait for Friday. What are you leaving behind for the RCZ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I thought you'd joined the wrong forum going by your thread title lol :)

Are you sure you've bought the right car?

The standard sound system in the RCZ is the best that I have encountered.

Enjoy your car and don't forget to post pics when you get chance,

A

Anonymous

Whole heartedly agree. My stereo which incidentally is the Media Option version is excellent and nobody can like their music more than I do. Tried the JBL option and could not discern any difference at all. So choose not to have it. at £600 extra I thought if I was to walk into Halfords with that amount of cash, I could walk out with a decent stereo system and to think that the £600 was ON TOP of the price of an already fantastic system.

Are you sure that you haven't bought a Honda :lol:

A

Anonymous

Lol I think i must be dislexic as i keep saying crz lol. Thats great news about the stereo as i do like my music loud. the car im leaving was a 2011 honda civic s type, a nice car but the car previous to that was a z4 and I missed having a head turning car lol sad but true lol .

A

Anonymous

Are you not on the wrong forum if you've bought a battery powered Honda???? ha ha only kidding Anyway welcome to the gang :greetings-wavingblue: will you be joining us 'Scots on Tour' to the RCZ meet in Yorkshire Mayday weekend? There's a thread dedicated to it......

A

Anonymous

Embarrassingly I actually like the CRZ :p Not a patch compared to the RCZ, but still a good looking car imo.

Welcome to the forum :) The RCZ entry level audio is perfectly fine for cranking to high volumes and comes with bass as standard. So much so I have to tweak mine down a little.

As for quality, if you're primarily playing 128kpb/s MP3s via an iPod then you really needn't worry ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info guys. ill be cranking it up tomorrow when i pick it up. though my son is coming with me and he always tells me to turn it down. lol

A

Anonymous

ayrshirercz said:
Thanks for the info guys. ill be cranking it up tomorrow when i pick it up. though my son is coming with me and he always tells me to turn it down. lol

Enjoy your weekend with your rcz mate :cool: i am from hamilton not far from ayr used to frequent the the place a lot when i was dating a ayrshire lass for 18 months :) lovely place to live as is prestwick :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks certainly aim to try and do that. I see that you have all round tints on your car. Can i ask, is it not illegal now to have any tint on the windows? If thats not the case could you tell me where you got yours done. the gradiation of the tint and how much it was if you dont mind. cheers