What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav

A

Anonymous

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if this topic has already been brought up, but is there a way of upgrading the sat nav system ?
It seems I've paid a whole lot of extra money for a whole lot of nothing !
It doesn't allow you to enter a whole post code and doesn't alert you to any speed cameras.

Compared to the Tom Toms of this world I think it was the biggest waste of money I spent on the car.
Anybody have any ideas.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

As it is a multi media system rather than just a sat nab you are probably being rather harsh. It is perfectly capable of displaying speed cameras. Look up the SCDB site and all will be revealed. I update mine every month.

The post code thing is a limit of the UK system and is one that is massively over egged as you only need 5 characters to get you to the door. In fact putting in my entire post code into a unit that will accept will only get you to within 1/2 mile of me. The zip code system as used by most of the sane world is a door step level coding. The UK system even with all digits present is only to an area. Everyone in my village has the same post code.....

A

Anonymous

Yes it has been brought up a few times and as mr shiney said "it is a multi media system rather than just a sat nav" I can't really go into great depths about what it has different because I have not seen a RCZ without the system. I personally love the improved cabin appeal that it brings. The pop up dash the coloured screen the reversing aid, scrolling text etc. So I wouldn't want not to have it but I agree as a stand alone sat nav a TomTom would be better and cheaper

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I personally love the improved cabin appeal that it brings. The pop up dash the coloured screen the reversing aid, scrolling text etc. So I wouldn't want not to have it but I agree as a stand alone sat nav a TomTom would be better and cheaper

+1. Nothing to add.

It's not cheap, yes, but cabin looks SO different. I'm in love with the interiors of this car everyday :clap:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that mr shiney
Just one other question for you, having checked out the SCDB site it gives two options for download, one is 3D, Can you update the system with both ?

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

You must try to stop thinking of it as a sat nav, it is a media system with sat nav software.

The post code bit is a pain but you can still find your destination by taking the street name from the list it provides.

I'm not aware of any upgrade or update that will allow a full UK post code search.

You can have speed camera locations, i have them, but it was done for me by my dealer, there are threads on here on how to do it and where to get the update from including costs, which i believe is cheap.

The NG4 cannot be compared to a stand alone sat nav, if you were to do that then flip the coin and ask why a TomTom cannot store over a 1000 tracks on a media jukebox, or why it does not have a full colour parking display, phone book, usb, ect ect ect. And lastly there is just no comparison in looks with the standard dash layout to one with the NG4.
In fact i would go as far as saying the standard dash looks rather dated with that plastic curved display just sitting there on top. :thumbdown:

Play around with NG4 and get used to it's fantastic features and you will see that it was money well spent. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

merchant seaman said:
Thanks for that mr shiney
Just one other question for you, having checked out the SCDB site it gives two options for download, one is 3D, Can you update the system with both ?

Thanks again

No, the system you have is the WIPCOM 3D.