What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav turning off!!!

RobDJ

Reaction score
A little issue of Sat Nav shutting down and rebooting yesterday on a drive out to Cardiff and ending up going through Cardiff City centre which is now a Bus and taxi zone!!!! Waiting on a possible fine!!

Rebooted several times on the drive down.
Had recently updated the software and maps with a recommended package I bought on ebay. 🙄😕

Goatz

Reaction score
could be the maps, but these units are all beginning to fail at the moment. Reboots every 30 mins is common. I expect it is end of life now.

Goatz

Reaction score
I have tried multiple installs of firmware and maps versions, replaced the hard drive etc. Last thing I want to try is replacing the thermal paste on the CPU but I have read from other people that this didn’t help

RobDJ

Reaction score
could be the maps, but these units are all beginning to fail at the moment. Reboots every 30 mins is common. I expect it is end of life now.
So glad I paid the extra (4 months ago) for a model with sat nav!! 😕🙄

There has to be a fix of some kind surely, the cars only 8 years old!!🤷‍♂️

Goatz

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for months.
Only solutions I’ve heard of are:
-Buy a replacement off of eBay ~£500 (will need mapping to the ECU)
-take to a dealer for replacement ~£2000

there is a possibility that this tool could fix it Martech NG4 Recovery Tool
But it will cost you ~£350 to find out!!

Goatz

Reaction score
Please be sure to come back and update us if you find a solution

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The NG4 in my RCZ went through a period of rebooting itself, then shutting off completely.
Typically when I was using the Nav.
It ended in it completely kicking the bucket. Upon opening the unit up, I found some lovely charred wires.
The replacement I got was from a 5008, and just swapped the faceplate. I think it was around the £300 mark, probably because the listing didn't say "fits RCZ"

I'm pretty sure they have Audi/VW stamps on the plugs too, probably accounts for the unreliability..
Unless the mists of time have clouded my memory.