What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat/Nav Question

A

Anonymous

I think this was covered in a previous post but I have still not been able to suss it out...

Can someone please explain the exact steps/buttons to press, etc to set up your 'Navigate Home' option on the NG4 system.
Mine is greyed out. I have an entry in the address book marked Home and use this when I need to. I've searched high and low in the User Manual but can't for the life of me find where it explains how this is setup.

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Yes. I remember seeing instructions on how to do it as well. But still didn't get it to work. I asked when I took delivery of my new RCZ and they couldn't do it either. However I do have a second handover being organised and this is one of the questions that I shall be asking again. So if this thread fails to enlighten us then I'll PM you with the details if my 2nd handover is more productive than the first one

A

Anonymous

you create a record in the address book and assign as home.

A

Anonymous

Sorry for being a 50something thicko but how exactly do you assign an address book entry as home?
I just can't work it out...!

A

Anonymous

You create a record and then choose the option in the menu. There is a section in the user manual that tells you how to do it. I don't have it to hand at the moment.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
you create a record in the address book and assign as home.

That is how i did it, but i'm sure i have since come across a "set as home " function by playing with the setings, just like a stand alone sat nav would offer.

A

Anonymous

I can't get set as home either. I only got my RCZ today so am very newbie at this! I did put 'HOME' under name tho and I think this will do for now. I am also having difficulty with inputting new addresses, ie, I can input postcode (not full), street and city etc... but am finding that when I come to the house number the choices I am given aren't what I need. This includes the postcode for my home address too...

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Kate

A

Anonymous

Unfortunatley its only a 5 digit post code system, bit of a pain but you will get used to it. If i remember rightly put the post code in (first 5 digits) and a list of options will show up, you then pick the street from those options, so you will basicaly need the street name. i havent used the sat nav for a while so i may be wrong ?

I know it's a bit of a let down but you need to try and remember that the NG4 system is NOT a sat nav per se, it is a media center with sat nav software plus a lot more.
Also as far as post codes go France ect ect only do 5 digits , i think it's only the UK that still use a dated 6 digit postal area, and the NG4 basicaly is intended for a newer 5 digit postal system.

As for adding "home" try adding your address in the address book and naming it "home".
i think thats how i did it. ?

if this dont work, come back and i will get my son to have a look how its done, he's more into this than me, as he supplies and installs sat navs .

A

Anonymous

Right, I've sussed it:

Create an entry in the address book as HOME
Press the NAV button and then press ADDR BOOK
Select the HOME entry previously setup
Select Edit Entry
Scroll down till you find Set As Home (this will be on page 2 of the available options)
Press OK

Job done!
:thumbup: