What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav Issues RCZ

Gordon McGlynn

Reaction score
Hi All.
I have just purchased a 2012 1.6 200 , having previously had a 2.0 HDI which unfortunately was written off. My question is with the new car the SatNav is telling me that I am in Northern France, when I start the car there is a notice saying Sim card not present or fitted incorrectly, would this be the SIM card holderthat is inside the arm rest console. There was no SIM card present when I purchased the car only noticed whilst driving the car back home.
The screen also states that there are no Satellites visible is this because the Card is not in place.

Should there be a card in place for the Sat Nav to function properly, the person I bought the car from has sent me an Maps SD card which makes no difference which fits in the slot in the NG4 3D.
The frustrating thing is if I put in my home address in Plymouth and then start driving it will then start to give me directions and with a map as i said in Northern France.!!!!!

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.👍👍

NF7

Reaction score
Have you tried to do a factory reset or updating the software?

NF7

Reaction score
No. Just a USB or an SD Card formatted as FAT32. Refer to this guide to update to the latest software and the maps/radars if needed.

Gordon McGlynn

Reaction score
Thanks for the comprehensive info, the SD card that has been sent to me is the latest version suitable for Peugeot MyWay/WIP Nav Edition 2020-2 but the unit does not seem to recognise that an SD card is present, going to have one last go, otherwise its off to the Peugeot dealer..!!!

Jumper

Reaction score
No. Just a USB or an SD Card formatted as FAT32. Refer to this guide to update to the latest software and the maps/radars if needed.

After downloading the Maps files I tried your method with a new 32Gig SD card then a new 32 Gig Pendrive. I followed your instructions to the letter but nothing worked. Bearing in mind Ive done this before with USB sticks and CD's with the genuine software, so I am familiar with the process. What I also noticed is my firmware is N43c so I didnt bother downloadling the N42 as it would appear it is older. Do you know if anybody other than yourself has actually got this to work?

NF7

Reaction score
After downloading the Maps files I tried your method with a new 32Gig SD card then a new 32 Gig Pendrive. I followed your instructions to the letter but nothing worked. Bearing in mind Ive done this before with USB sticks and CD's with the genuine software, so I am familiar with the process. What I also noticed is my firmware is N43c so I didnt bother downloadling the N42 as it would appear it is older. Do you know if anybody other than yourself has actually got this to work?
Can you post the picture of your screen when looking at the firmware information on your SatNav? I just want to see that you actually have N43c since I've never seen it, as even HarmanBecker informed me that they did not release any updates after N42c (I was pushing my luck and hoped they would release the source code for it - sadly they refused).

Jumper

Reaction score
Can you post the picture of your screen when looking at the firmware information on your SatNav? I just want to see that you actually have N43c since I've never seen it, as even HarmanBecker informed me that they did not release any updates after N42c (I was pushing my luck and hoped they would release the source code for it - sadly they refused).
My display says N42,03 but I dont know what it was prior to when I updated it last year. Do you have to update the frimware prior to updating the maps?

NF7

Reaction score
Final version of NG4 software is: "ng4_D_N42c_N42.03"

This is the last firmware (N42c) and updating the maps should be working without re-flashing the SatNav.

I successfully updated two cars (mine not included) - one Citroen and one Peugeot with my tutorial without issues.

I do not know how to help you since I do not know where it stops working. Most often issues are: 1) using Quick Format for USB and SD - you should use regular format (longer); 2) Not deleting hidden files from USB and SD - make sure to delete them.

Jumper

Reaction score
Hi. I only downloaded the maps zip file and fat 32 formatted a 32gig USB stick and a 32gig SD card. I checked the hidden files and there were non showing. So I unzipped the maps into both drives. Tried the SD card first in the car and the head unit did not recognise it there was no automatic download just nothing. So I then tried the USB stick in the armrest socket and again nothing.

When I unzipped the Maps files it was showing two folders one Cartes and another one is that all there should be?

NF7

Reaction score
Hi. I only downloaded the maps zip file and fat 32 formatted a 32gig USB stick and a 32gig SD card. I checked the hidden files and there were non showing. So I unzipped the maps into both drives. Tried the SD card first in the car and the head unit did not recognise it there was no automatic download just nothing. So I then tried the USB stick in the armrest socket and again nothing.

When I unzipped the Maps files it was showing two folders one Cartes and another one is that all the

Contents of the "Cartes" map (not the map itself) should be copied to the USB. After you copy to the USB, then check for the hidden files on the USB.

This is how your USB should look like. You can also follow this video (although its in French) -

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 8

Jumper

Reaction score
Contents of the "Cartes" map (not the map itself) should be copied to the USB. After you copy to the USB, then check for the hidden files on the USB.

This is how your USB should look like. You can also follow this video (although its in French) -
The picture you provided of what files to transfer to USB stick were fabulous. The update has worked great I will do the Alerts tomorrow.
Many thanks for being so helpful and finding the file in the first place.👏👏👏

Attachments

• IMG_20210525_114055.jpg
    IMG_20210525_114055.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
The picture you provided of what files to transfer to USB stick were fabulous. The update has worked great I will do the Alerts tomorrow.
Many thanks for being so helpful and finding the file in the first place.👏👏👏
Glad to help :) Hopefully your SatNav will now work as it should :)