What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Running Report RCZ200...8k to todays date.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
have some time thisafternoon so thought i would give a report,i will add these are my views so you may not agree with all :sleeping-yellow:

My RCZ is the cheaper Sport 200THP,with extras such as Charcoal paint and the darker spirit grey alloy's,but that £205 extra quid transforms car and gives it that subtle but aggressive edge,the standard silver alloy in my opinion did not complement the paint :eusa-think:

Standard velour seats look fine and with 8k worth of bum's sitting they look new,same cannot be said for leather trim i think,my recent loan car with leather with only 2k looked creased and if anything slightly aged. :eek:

Suspension and ride is superb,i did think the ride was too firm so i reduced tyre pressure on front to 32.5psi and i now feel there is less understeer in tight corners,rear i kept on the factory quoted 28psi,please remember i run 18inch so it may vary on the GT spec.

Brakes are the larger 340mm up front and stop very well but when cold they feel spongy and need some heat before giving what you expect,but far superior to my previous Golf gti.

Build quality overall excellent,bearing in mind im a VW convert,no real concerns,but when you do sit in the Audi TT for example you can see why they ask for the extra premium,but the RCZ is far superior to say Honda or Ford/GM,so to be fair when credit is due,well done Peugeot :clap:

Fuel consumption is a nice bonus,as the miles pile on i feel im benefiting from improved MPG,rural A class roads now 37 to mid 38mpg and commute to Cardiff M4 at an average 75mph will return over 40mpg,i will add i use Shell V power,no real power gains but i do feel better consumption and a easy free reving rev range.

Gearing on the 200THP is its jewell along with its chassis,low gearing with constant power on the gear change is superb and its low down to mid range will out pull many similar cars,however the top end will not match cars such as the mk5/mk6 Golf Gti but that is purely down to cubic capacity,and a simple tweek of the Ecu,exhaust flow by Peugeot would sort that one very quickly.

If anyone on the forum would ever ask would i purchase another RCZ,my honest opinion is(Yes) as long as Peugeot would deliver a slightly more focused car,they need to supply an engine to match the looks,chassis,and gearing,if however i find in 2012 (summer) the engine spec is the same sadly i will look elswhere,but i do feel in my water there is a true RCZ on the cards and as stated on another topic im quite happy to spend another few k's i genuinely feel the car needs. :eek:

That's it folks,i know not all will agree with my view's but im a true petrol head not into the shiny alloys and chrome exhaust trim and all that crap,however i wash the car each weekend,i just want my car to drive,handle,and look good i have that in the RCZ appart from its mid range to top end grunt.Thanks for reading guys. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

A fair appraisal from a petrol head. From someone who just wants a good looking, well spec'd economical car then I'd rate it higher than dolanog

RCZ1

Reaction score
Some interesting points you make, especially that you wouldn't get another if Peugeot don't release one with more powerful engine. I suppose if you are a petrol head then you would be looking for more power. On the other hand I'm more than happy with the power I have.

On another note you mention that your velour seats look brand new after 8k S opposed to leather would. I would have to disagree with that comment. Mine has done 5k now and my leather seats still look brand new and NOT creased or aged. Like anything, if you look after them, you reap the benefits, like keeping your car looking shiny and the chrome polished :thumbup:

GT RCZ

Reaction score
May be the leather seat ripples depend on the size of your a**e, my seats still look like new after 5,500 mile & 9 months.

I have TR7 v8 320 bhp v8 Gp4 rally car for my thrills, must say RCZ with 147mph top end more than enough for me as a road car cannot believe you would want more.

I have found the handling & quality superb cannot fault it.

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
May be the leather seat ripples depend on the size of your a**e

Now that, my friend, is Funny :lol: :clap:

Have to say the same, I'm on 9k miles and the seats are crumple free (and my a*se) is trying to expand year by year :eusa-think:

Have to say that the entire car really still looks like new. One stone chip in the bonnet.

Interesting that you commute from Carmarthenshire to Cardiff and have opted for a Petrol model rather than a Diesel :eusa-think:
You may find the Diesel model still has the "grunt" that you are looking for.

Anyways, good update and always useful reading for Others.

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

I will Agree i have driven the 163 diesel and was well impressed,so may in fact look further into the oil burner in time,i purchased the 200 due to being slightly a more focused drivers car,and has justified that probably the best chassis/gearing car i have driven since a previous Golf edition 30,but i will stick to my guns,this is petrolhead talk but Mini and DS3 ALREADY EXPERIMENTING so im sure peugeot will not fail,convinced there is a 210 on route for next year,thanks.