What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Running a bit rich ?

A

Anonymous

I can't believe it RCZ1's steering binnichel is dustyer than mine :dance: :crazy: :eusa-think:
Ps sorry for going of topic :eusa-shhh: :D

A

Anonymous

Aircon, heater, heated seats etc etc will make the economy go down due to the extra "strain" put onto the engine so these could be some contributors to lower fuel economy especially if all used at once.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RCZ1

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
I can't believe it RCZ1's steering binnichel is dustyer than mine :dance: :crazy: :eusa-think:
Ps sorry for going of topic :eusa-shhh: :D

I knew someone would pick up on that ... ;) lol. ....... In my defence 'guv, she hasn't been washed in 3 weeks...... I promise I will try harder.... :)

A

Anonymous

Av only got 39.1 mpg and drive only on a 18 mile trip on the motorway for the last 4 weeks no harsh acceleration or heavy breaking never use them on a motorway, but its the winter and cars do use more fuel and by the way i never go over 70 mph the rcz doesnt make me want to do that over 70 thing :?

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Av only got 39.1 mpg and drive only on a 18 mile trip on the motorway for the last 4 weeks no harsh acceleration or heavy breaking never use them on a motorway, but its the winter and cars do use more fuel and by the way i never go over 70 mph the rcz doesnt make me want to do that over 70 thing :?

Righto! :lol::cool:

A

Anonymous

I reset the trip before I set off for work this morning and then checked it again when I got home at tea time and I had covered only 5 miles. My average mpg was 26.1. I had the heated seat on, heater, full fan to start with and heated rear window (cos it was icy,frosty and freezing bbrrrrr) on the way to work but only the heater coming home.
I guess it's hardly giving the car chance to be economical being such a short drive to work.
I,ve ordered a k&n air filter so that may help slightly but I suppose it's the wrong time of year to be not using all the electrics !!!
Richard

A

Anonymous

reddizat24 said:
I reset the trip before I set off for work this morning and then checked it again when I got home at tea time and I had covered only 5 miles. My average mpg was 26.1. I had the heated seat on, heater, full fan to start with and heated rear window (cos it was icy,frosty and freezing bbrrrrr) on the way to work but only the heater coming home.
I guess it's hardly giving the car chance to be economical being such a short drive to work.
I,ve ordered a k&n air filter so that may help slightly but I suppose it's the wrong time of year to be not using all the electrics !!!
Richard
Your engine won't even been properly warm in that time and the electric equivalent of choke will been in use so using more fuel. When being frugal I change gears at 2.5k rpm or slighty sooner and when at motorway speed never go above 3k

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't have heated seats but have the A/C and Auto set on permanently. I can't say I've seen this affect economy.

A

Anonymous

Yeah a engine mechanic at work suggested the same thing so just have to put up with it. Small price to pay for such a great car eh !!!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

reddizat24 said:
Yeah a engine mechanic at work suggested the same thing so just have to put up with it. Small price to pay for such a great car eh !!!! :thumbup:
Like your style ;)

A

Anonymous

Just driven from Grimsby down to Louth and back 40 miles lovely twisty A roads, didn't hang about, 42.6 MPG overall. :thumbup: