What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Roof arches

RCZ1

Reaction score
I was a little perturbed yesterday when I called in at my dealers. The roof arch on the RCZ they are running as their demonstrator had a big dent in it above the drivers door. It seemed a bit of a strange place to have a dent and made me wonder if the arches are a little soft. The dealer did say something about the arches being hollow. Anyone who has got their RCZ, can you offer an opinion either way :?:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
I was a little perturbed yesterday when I called in at my dealers. The roof arch on the RCZ they are running as their demonstrator had a big dent in it above the drivers door. It seemed a bit of a strange place to have a dent and made me wonder if the arches are a little soft. The dealer did say something about the arches being hollow. Anyone who has got their RCZ, can you offer an opinion either way :?:
What made you think they would be any different from the rest of the car, if you hit them they will dent just the same as a door or wing, at the end of the day they are metal, and from the other discussion thread they are sprayed any way so they can be repaired. I certainly would not worry about that.

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^ I realise that Rob, its just that it seemed a strange place to have a dent, which was what made me suspicious in the first place. But I take on board what you are saying.

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
^^^ I realise that Rob, its just that it seemed a strange place to have a dent, which was what made me suspicious in the first place. But I take on board what you are saying.
I bet it's been knocked at the garage, the demo car I tested was not in A1 condition, someone had kerb'd the front offside wheel damaging the rim and also cutting the sidewall of the tyre - scrap I think.

Also it looks that who ever did that also dented the front corner of the bumper, no paint damage just dents on the edge, no one has owned up to it so the garage have got to put it right before it goes to it's new owner - the car is sold as well. :eek:

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
FGRob said:
RCZ1 said:
I bet it's been knocked at the garage, the demo car I tested was not in A1 condition, someone had kerb'd the front offside wheel damaging the rim and also cutting the sidewall of the tyre - scrap I think.

Also it looks that who ever did that also dented the front corner of the bumper, no paint damage just dents on the edge, no one has owned up to it so the garage have got to put it right before it goes to it's new owner - the car is sold as well. :eek:

Rob.

Puts you off buying a demo car doesn't it? I know that you tend to get good deals on them but I don't think its something that I would ever do. :shock:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
FGRob said:
RCZ1 said:

Rob.

Puts you off buying a demo car doesn't it? I know that you tend to get good deals on them but I don't think its something that I would ever do. :shock:
The guy who brought it got £200 of the list price. :eek:

My car is actually in the showroom under lock and key, so I'm not so worried, it will not go on the road and is classed as a new car sale. But I have to keep going to the garage to look at it :oops: :oops:

Rob

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^ I know what you mean. Calling in at the dealers on Saturday really fired me up again. They just look so superb, they really strike you when you see the RCZ in the flash.