What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Roof arch restore

Benny2tatts

Reaction score
Hi, is there any better way than black plastic restorer, to bring back to life the faded black arches?

thanks.

apple3337

Reaction score
YES! I bought an R a few months ago with bad UV and water spot stains. An excellent detailer told me to remove it, not cover it. I started with a mild cut which worked but would have taken all day. Then I added super heavy cut to the mild cut to speed things along. Depending on the polish, you could go 100% super heavy cut. Just use microfibre cloths. You don't need a polisher. But it will take a bit of time and elbow grease. Start in one spot to test the technique first. Rub hard and don't give up if the first few passes doesn't work. Keep going. Much to my surprise the plastic did not end up shiny. To seal it I used Aerospace 303 which is a silicone free product. They literally look new. After washing the car I always dry them and re-coat with sealer to keep the water and dirt out. Plastic restorers just cover the stains. It's way better to clean them off. Let me know how it goes. 👍

apple3337

Reaction score
Painting is no good if you want to keep the car original though. I love the satin finish of the plastic arches.

Benny2tatts

Reaction score
YES! I bought an R a few months ago with bad UV and water spot stains. An excellent detailer told me to remove it, not cover it. I started with a mild cut which worked but would have taken all day. Then I added super heavy cut to the mild cut to speed things along. Depending on the polish, you could go 100% super heavy cut. Just use microfibre cloths. You don't need a polisher. But it will take a bit of time and elbow grease. Start in one spot to test the technique first. Rub hard and don't give up if the first few passes doesn't work. Keep going. Much to my surprise the plastic did not end up shiny. To seal it I used Aerospace 303 which is a silicone free product. They literally look new. After washing the car I always dry them and re-coat with sealer to keep the water and dirt out. Plastic restorers just cover the stains. It's way better to clean them off. Let me know how it goes. 👍
Brilliant, I’ll give it a go and keep you informed.
Thank you.

apple3337

Reaction score
The mild compound I used was Meguiars Ultimate Compound. It's a good product. It's idiot proof on paint as well with an orbital polisher and foam pads.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know about keeping a car original so I did buy a couple of chrome arches and had them spayed gloss black and I have the original one's stored in the garage safe and sound... Also purchased a couple of chrome arches today as spares for my own rcz the Grey Lady... Originality is key with any car...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Karen n Co

Andy B

Reaction score
Yes have them spayed just like I did three weeks ago, saves having to mask them up to hide the colour fade... You just polish them like the rest of the car don't k
know why they didn't do it in factory...
Here's mine View attachment 10479View attachment 10480
Ho
Looks great 👍
What’s the job like too remove the arches ?

gonna get mine painted soon and will need to remove them

Thanks 🙏

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Ho
Looks great 👍
What’s the job like too remove the arches ?

gonna get mine painted soon and will need to remove them

Thanks 🙏
Easier than you think there’s a how to guide on the forum if you do a search.
It’s really a two man job so you don’t clatter the bonnet and you have to pull up from the roof outwards and start at the front and work backwards using your fingers to pry off the clips refitting start from the rear location clip.22801F9E-B5EE-4D0A-BEC4-1E8706A94501.jpegBD660583-76C2-41BE-9659-9CD594DC78E3.jpeg17850424-8733-4E0D-92CA-E50F6CC3F3A1.jpeg74B3F696-7AAB-4F0A-BF07-CB77F36C6369.jpeg

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it's a very easy job I know that it is a worrying thing to do go slow and I'm sure you will get them off easily.
1, take caps off the wiper arm ans 17 socket remove the nut and put up to remove.
2,remove the rubber seal to the plastic cover to washer jets.
3, you then need to remove the plastic cover with the washer jets two small torque screws and remove the cover.
4, now remove the one torque screw that holds the arches to the car under the cover you have removed. One per arch.
5. Now open to the door to the side you are wanting to remove, pull down the door seal rubber to expose EIGHT small torque screws.
6. Now remove all Eight small torque screws, these are not in tight so very easy to remove..
7. Now you have done this it's time to remove the arch start at the front of the car and only use your hands NO TOOLS pull up at about 45 degrees and work slowly towards the back end (would be a good thing if you have someone else to hold the front end to prevent it flapping on to the car) at the end there's a location plastic pug..
8. Refit by locating the plastic pug in its hole. Then you can put back on in reverse order...

If you are going to have your arches sprayed tell them that they will have to tape the rubber seal back as the seal is fixed to the arches,. But must tape the seals as to allow them to be sprayed down to the edges....
Hope this helps all of you RCZers who may be thinking about doing your arches..
Les n Co

Andy B

Reaction score
Yes it's a very easy job I know that it is a worrying thing to do go slow and I'm sure you will get them off easily.
1, take caps off the wiper arm ans 17 socket remove the nut and put up to remove.
2,remove the rubber seal to the plastic cover to washer jets.
3, you then need to remove the plastic cover with the washer jets two small torque screws and remove the cover.
4, now remove the one torque screw that holds the arches to the car under the cover you have removed. One per arch.
5. Now open to the door to the side you are wanting to remove, pull down the door seal rubber to expose EIGHT small torque screws.
6. Now remove all Eight small torque screws, these are not in tight so very easy to remove..
7. Now you have done this it's time to remove the arch start at the front of the car and only use your hands NO TOOLS pull up at about 45 degrees and work slowly towards the back end (would be a good thing if you have someone else to hold the front end to prevent it flapping on to the car) at the end there's a location plastic pug..
8. Refit by locating the plastic pug in its hole. Then you can put back on in reverse order...

If you are going to have your arches sprayed tell them that they will have to tape the rubber seal back as the seal is fixed to the arches,. But must tape the seals as to allow them to be sprayed down to the edges....
Hope this helps all of you RCZers who may be thinking about doing your arches..
Les n Co
Brilliant thanks mate 👊👊👍😊

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries mate hope you get sorted out with the arches..
As for the front badge I believe it's fixed to the bonnet with two fixing look under the bonnet could be nuts or screws...
Les n Co

PS was in Lincoln and Newark today...

Andy B

Reaction score
No worries mate hope you get sorted out with the arches..
As for the front badge I believe it's fixed to the bonnet with two fixing look under the bonnet could be nuts or screws...
Les n Co

PS was in Lincoln and Newark today...
Thanks
I will let you know how I get on with the arches 😊
And the badges 👍

Oh not far from me 👍
I’m about 15 mins from Newark
Little village called Bleasby 👍👍

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The centre badge is held on by three push in clips its the whole centre that's held onto the bonnet. The lion 🦁 is pushed into lugs I have been informed..