What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

"risk of particles clogging"

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

I am new to the site, owned a rcz 60 plate for about a year. I was just wondering if anybody could help me out before I spend a fortune. I'm getting the risk of particles message on the car previous I used to do a lot of motorway miles which I've not had to do for a few months so the message hasn't been on for a while but the last few weeks it's came on and stayed on and now the engine light has come on too . And the car is in limp mode I took the car out today 60mph for about an hour in total and it does seem better not as limp anymore but the engine light is still on and the risk message has gone off . I took it to a garage yest who said they checked the fluid that looks fine . He gave it a good rev and said it was black soot just coming out and that he thinks I may have to change the dpf or dmf filter which as you may know are silly money and don't really have that as it's Xmas and didn't know if any of you guys know of anything I can try before I give it to Peugeot and burn a whole in my pocket . Thanks for any help in advance.

tianorth

Reaction score
Basically it needs a run with high engine revs to be able to create the temps where the particles are burnt off and blown away with the turbo exhaust gases.
Probably 3rd gear on motorway for 5 to 10 miles.
I think revs need to be over 3k.
Mine (diesel) sits mainly at 1750 revs but is sat there for 2 hours so it creates the temps that way.

renegade79

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Basically it needs a run with high engine revs to be able to create the temps where the particles are burnt off and blown away with the turbo exhaust gases.
Probably 3rd gear on motorway for 5 to 10 miles.
I think revs need to be over 3k.
Mine (diesel) sits mainly at 1750 revs but is sat there for 2 hours so it creates the temps that way.
+1 the HDi needs a good long drive to get the engine nice and hot and the exhaust is able to blast away all the particles. Short cold engine journeys are not ideal for the HDi at all....