What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Repair costs...

A

Anonymous

Hey folks,

Knew this wouldn't be a cheap car if anything ever happened but damn. £1,200 for a new rear bumper & 2 parking sensors! :eek:

A

Anonymous

Ouch....... Why did you not allow your insurance company to pay ?

A

Anonymous

I just had to have my rear bumper removed to have a new locking switch replaced, I was dreading having it done in case it didnt go back as it was, but the dealer did a great job.

Its a bit mad that the whole bumper needs removing to change a switch. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Nothing is cheap to replace on new cars these days labour costs and VAT at 20% play the biggest part of any bill :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Oh it's going through insurance, someone pranged me at the traffic lights so theirs is covering it. Decided to get the car checked before involving insurance just in case it didn't need replaced but no such luck.

Yeah Jassy, the labour and paintwork is 50% of the bill. Was amazed the bumper itself only came out at £360 (well £400 with with the VATman's share) considering it's such a big item.

A

Anonymous

What concerns me now is........ Peugeot have ceased the Feline exhaust, so had this accident happened to me and Pearl2 what would happen ? Would I loose my Quads ? Would insurance pay for some other make or what ? This is an issue that has concerned me ever since Peugeot Group dropped that bombshell

A

Anonymous

They'll have some units in stock for that kind of thing... though once they're gone I suppose you're looking at a standard exhaust.

A

Anonymous

P90James said:
They'll have some units in stock for that kind of thing... though once they're gone I suppose you're looking at a standard exhaust.
Sorry but I can't see that being the case. How would they decide who warrants a replacement ? I'm pretty upset at this approach by Peugeot. It was not cheap to buy and to think that a rear end bump will mean that they are not replaceable is not good :thumbdown: Could you imagine the publicity if they was to do that with any other part of the car ? "Sorry mate your 9month old car is not repairable because we no longer have any spares :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hi Ron,

I wouldn't be too worried :thumbup:

By now, they probably have about 100 years worth of stock in a French Warehouse somewhere.
(Well not many are buying at £600 notes for something that doesn't actually do anything :eusa-think: )

They've only stopped making them cos they can't shut the Warehouse doors anymore.

Hope that provides some re-assurance :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Hi Ron,

I wouldn't be too worried :thumbup:

By now, they probably have about 100 years worth of stock in a French Warehouse somewhere.
(Well not many are buying at £600 notes for something that doesn't actually do anything :eusa-think: )

They've only stopped making them cos they can't shut the Warehouse doors anymore.

Hope that provides some re-assurance :thumbup:
If I thought that there was a chance of your jocular comments being even halfway accurate, then YES it would offer some re-assurance. However we have been told that they have none left, none on order and have removed them from the accessory list :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
However we have been told that they have none left, none on order and have removed them from the accessory list

Oh :eek:

That is bad news. They've only been on sale for about six months ??

Good news is that the price will go up now as they are so rare :thumbup:
If someone has an unfortunate accident in this area, then you could offer yours up for sale for say £1k maybe £2k in another 12 months :dance:

Wow, something on a Peugeot that appreciates :clap: :thumbup: :lol: