What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

remaping 20hdi

A

Anonymous

hello im new here just got my rcz about to weeks ago and looking at geting it remap has any one on here had it done at all

A

Anonymous

Is your car new? If not how much warranty have you got? You do realise the risks you are running right?

Don't get me wrong the benefits to the car are there for the taking but you have to offset that against the warranty getting invalidated.

Also what sort of remap have you got in mind? There are a few options.

There is another thread on this issue.

A

Anonymous

johnny said:
hello im new here just got my rcz about to weeks ago and looking at geting it remap has any one on here had it done at all
Call me old fashioned if you like, because I fail to understand why one chooses to buy a car like the RCZ and then wants to turn it into a "boy racer" The RCZ is a beautiful, fast and responsive sports coupé. Whereas Vauxhall Corsa is for people who are more mechanically minded and wish to modify an outdated vehicle. My brother is into speed and so owns a Scoda VXR, a Toyota Supra, A Porsche 911 and has just purchased a Porsche 911 Turbo S all of which suit the purpose. Why do people buy something that does not suit their requirements and immediately begin major alterations? Personalising your car is one thing and Peugeot supply many options that allow tasteful personalisation of the RCZ. I however do not understand this desire to turn the RCZ into something that it was not intended to be.

A

Anonymous

Each to their own RON a piggy back box ie........a{TUNIT BOX} would be better idea as not to let anyone know............ ;) as another post said the benefits are huge.i for one had a tunit box it comes with a lifetime guarentee and you can sell it on after you have sold the rcz to recoup some cash back as the intial outlay of a tunit box is about £400+

the 163 bhp peugeot claimed output is meagre and regulated by them in europe :thumbdown: and is capable of 190bhp easily ;)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a remap. It's not just about getting more power, but smoothing out the curve that the factory has set. I say if you can make the car personal then do it.

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
Nothing wrong with a remap. It's not just about getting more power, but smoothing out the curve that the factory has set. I say if you can make the car personal then do it.

Mr Z i think your trying to turn that rcz of yours into a porsche :lol: :lol: 247 bhp edit avatar 247 bhp :cool:

A

Anonymous

If you look back at my post about 6 months ago you will see the poor guy who remapped than had to fork out > £3K when his engine blew ( and warranty said no)

I'm currently looking into buying the RCZ racer and making it fully street legal so watch this space

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
I'm currently looking into buying the RCZ racer and making it fully street legal so watch this space
What is a RCZ racer?

A

Anonymous

LOL - Peugeot are building RCZ's for the French RCZ race series. They come fully race ready and the costs is circa (after the added taxes and expenses) £50K

With that you get 3000 Km warranty, Race tuned engine, body kit etc etc. Comes with 250 BHP but option to dial in up to 290 BHP

The link is http://rcz.peugeot-sport.com/

Looking at both the series but also the mods to road legal use in the UK. In discussions with Peugeot at the moment

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
adrian said:
LOL - Peugeot are building RCZ's for the French RCZ race series. They come fully race ready and the costs is circa (after the added taxes and expenses) £50K

With that you get 3000 Km warranty, Race tuned engine, body kit etc etc. Comes with 250 BHP but option to dial in up to 290 BHP

The link is http://rcz.peugeot-sport.com/

Looking at both the series but also the mods to road legal use in the UK. In discussions with Peugeot at the moment

Most of us are aware of the series and these cars, they look sweet but are race only cars. If you put it on the street, more power to you, but why?