What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Registration date for new cars

A

Anonymous

Hi all. I've been told my car should be with me before Hallowe'en but as that's a Sunday I'll either have it that week OR wait until Monday 1st November. What do members think :eusa-think: about having cars registered on 1st of month rather than late in preceding month :?: My current car was registered 31st July but I didn't purchase until 23rd August which meant I'd lost 3 weeks' registration, if you follow. :cry: I'm as keen as the next to get my mitts on my baby but think I'd like the 1/11/10 registration :crazy: I'm not dependant on the number plate as I've bought one and the system is different in N Ireland anyway.

A

Anonymous

I picked mine up the moment it was ready.... what's the point in waiting? :)

A

Anonymous

I guess I'm just being stingy, wanting the full month's value of the tax :oops:

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:

LOL ya cheapskate :p

Bet you can't do it... knowing the car is sitting prepped outside the dealers, all shiny and waiting... :D

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Hi

With new vehicles it is possible to tax them for 12 months + 1 week or + 2 weeks or + 3 weeks so you do not loose out.

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
Hi

With new vehicles it is possible to tax them for 12 months + 1 week or + 2 weeks or + 3 weeks so you do not loose out.
I had no idea that was a possibility. Thanks for the info :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

P90James said:
BangorRCZ said:

LOL ya cheapskate :p

Bet you can't do it... knowing the car is sitting prepped outside the dealers, all shiny and waiting... :D
Yeah, I'm a 100% cheapskate, for sure, but as you say, can I do it??? I don't even know the answer to that one myself :oops: :roll:

A

Anonymous

GO AND GET IT!!!!!!! Dont worry about a few extra pounds when you have been waiting for so long especially having already splashed out best part of 25k for it! You'll think its worth it from the moment you sit in it and start it up! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Since I started this I'll wrap it up...my baby is arriving tomorrow and I can pick it up Friday!!! :dance: At first I thought "I can't, I'm not home on time, I'll leave it until Saturday morning" and not once did I hesitate & think "I should leave that until Monday 1st November" :lol: :lol: :lol: So I'm taking a couple of hours' leave Friday afternoon and picking it up 3.30pm. YIPPEEEEEEE :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
Since I started this I'll wrap it up...my baby is arriving tomorrow and I can pick it up Friday!!! :dance: At first I thought "I can't, I'm not home on time, I'll leave it until Saturday morning" and not once did I hesitate & think "I should leave that until Monday 1st November" :lol: :lol: :lol: So I'm taking a couple of hours' leave Friday afternoon and picking it up 3.30pm. YIPPEEEEEEE :D

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that''s great news BangorRCZ :thumbup:

You don't want to hesitate for one nano second. You want to be in your baby and enjoying it. Long may your new love affair last :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh and don't forget the pics - I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of yours :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
BangorRCZ said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that''s great news BangorRCZ :thumbup:

You don't want to hesitate for one nano second. You want to be in your baby and enjoying it. Long may your new love affair last :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh and don't forget the pics - I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of yours :thumbup:
Thanks, K. Can hardly believe it's nearly here! Even though I only had to wait just under 8 weeks it seems to have been AGES! Hope you get your baby back all beautifully bedecked in nappa leather very soon. Looking forward to seeing pics of that and the RCZ logo.
L :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:

Congrats! - that probably means mine isn't far behind!

A

Anonymous

Oakville said:
BangorRCZ said:

Hi M, yes, yours should be arriving very soon now. I was told on 6th it was built and on its way so yours was just 4 days behind that. Not too many sleeps before we're grinning like maniacs. L :D :thumbup: :dance:

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
Oakville said:
BangorRCZ said:

Hi M, yes, yours should be arriving very soon now. I was told on 6th it was built and on its way so yours was just 4 days behind that. Not too many sleeps before we're grinning like maniacs. L :D :thumbup: :dance:
Trying SOOO hard not to ring CH to enquire!