What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Reduction/loss of power

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Wife has a Jan 2011 156 GT and recently she complained of a loss of accelerative power whilst on the motorway. I took the car out a couple of days later and it felt fine. However after driving about for approx. 20 mins it happened to me, this time only accelerating at around 20 mph, revs would rise but very little drive. Stopped the car, turned off ignition and then started again however issue was still present. I originally thought it was the clutch but with only 27k on the clock its a bit premature, but the affect I was experiencing was similar (rising revs but very little power in any gear).

Drove around a bit more for about 5 mins and then all of a sudden it went back to normal with normal drive power.

Anyone any idea what this could be?

P.S. I did notice a metallic grate/rattle type noise at one point but that was when power was back to normal, not sure if this is related or not.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Wasn't safe mode. No lights and the car would accelerate just really slow.

Had it into the dealer today and they say after a diagnostic check it is coming back with "Super Knock"? This apparently is often the resolve of requiring a decoke of the valves for a grand total of over £700!!

However I have been reading about Camshaft chain and the potential of that stretching causing the same affect.

Anyone have any experience of either?

Thanks in advance.

tianorth

Reaction score
If timing chain is the problem then it's a known Peugeot problem, might be worth contacting them to see if they can help.