What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Recent Down Time

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've had a nightmare with our hosting company this morning. I've sent the following email out to everyone to explain the situation but if you're in contact with anyone who is still struggling to access the site but for some reason hasn't seen the email I'd be grateful if you could pass it on.

Thanks and apologies for the downtime:

Hello,

You may be aware that PeugeotRCZforums.co.uk has been down recently. This has been due to a botched server move by our hosting company. They recently upgraded their servers and moved us across to a new one. They did this without informing us that DNS settings for the site would need to be changed.

We've been on the phone to them this morning to express our anger & disappointment at the shoddy way they've gone about this and would like to apologise to you for the unannounced downtime. No doubt people were wondering where the site had gone and if it would be back up at all.

THE SITE IS NOW BACK UP
If you are still having problems accessing it, you need to flush your DNS cache. Instructions to do this are as follows:

To flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows:-

- Start -> Run -> type cmd
- in command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns
- Done! You Window DNS cache has just been flush.

To flush the DNS cache in Linux, restart the nscd daemon:-

- To restart the nscd daemon, type /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart in your terminal
- Once you run the command your linux DNS cache will flush.

To flush the DNS cache in Mac OS X Leopard:-

- type lookupd -flushcache in your terminal to flush the DNS resolver cache.
ex: bash-2.05a$ lookupd -flushcache
- Once you run the command your DNS cache (in Mac OS X) will flush.

To flush the DNS cache in Mac OS X:-

- type dscacheutil -flushcache in your terminal to flush the DNS resolver cache.
ex: bash-2.05a$ dscacheutil -flushcache
- Once you run the command your DNS cache (in Mac OS X Leopard) will flush.

If you have any further problems please email us at [email protected]

Apologies once more and thanks for your patience and understanding:

Derek
Site Admin

A

Anonymous

I flushed DNS on my PC and did all the ipad things to flush DNS, lost all my ipad wi-fi settings and still nothing worked.

Back to normal today, but only after buying tapatalk as I thought it might be the only way to get my RCZ fix.

Suggest large refund of server fees!!!!!

Glad to be back in touch.