What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear spoiler problems

TheJack

Reaction score
So my rear spoiler is staying up but the button is lit up, I've held it many times, mashed it and even still it won't go down? Is there a fuse that could do the trick? Should I try a BSI reset? If I can't sort it by tomorrow I'll have to pop it back to the garage. Just trying to save myself going back.

2retro

Reaction score
Mine did that once while the car was still under warranty. Took it in and after they had decided a new motor was needed the 'Master Technician' tried manually winding the stuck mechanism through the deployed spoiler and it freed it up. Took about 30 seconds and has been fine ever since! Think he oiled it after too.

TheJack

Reaction score
Well it's strange, just went out and it come up with "Active spoiler fault, speed restricted"

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it's not only the RCZs that get or known to get this problem. As my son works for ( yes I am going to say it) Audi and he has told me that the TTs have been known to do this and he has told me that I Must keep the rods to the motor oiled and well lubricated so each time I wash my cars I give them a little lubricant...
So all drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

2retro

Reaction score
A motto for life - keep your rod well lubricated! ;)

Last edited:

Richard

Reaction score
Well people I got message on the dash board then looked at it taken all part found the motor will not move at all, inside the case itself the metal case off motor found the case inside melted.

We try connect power directly to motor will not move put grip locked on it will not move at all.

Jezmundo

Reaction score
Mine did that once while the car was still under warranty. Took it in and after they had decided a new motor was needed the 'Master Technician' tried manually winding the stuck mechanism through the deployed spoiler and it freed it up. Took about 30 seconds and has been fine ever since! Think he oiled it after too.
Hi, do you know how the technician manually wound down the spoiler?

TRCZ

Reaction score
Guys, my rear spoiler has stopped working. It was working fine when I got it, but now the button doesn't even light. It was stuck in the up position so I've wound it down manually fine, but still no power to it somehow. I've checked the maxi-fuse and that looked okay, any other thoughts on what might be happening and potential fixes?