What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear Spoiler - Boot deflector motor

A

Anonymous

Hi all, Does anyone have any information regarding a Boot deflector motor on a 2012 model.
A week ago i pressed the spoiler button and noticed that no light came on. I also noticed that there was no motor noise from the rear.
I then got my son to sit in the rear while i drove at a speed that should have activated the spoiler. It didn't activate.
So I booked it into a dealer and they diagnosed a Boot deflector motor issue.
I have a 12 mth extended used car warranty that the dealer is currently looking at to see if it is covered. its been 5 working days and they haven't contacted me as yet.

My question is, does anyone know were this motor is and is it something I can attempt to pull apart and have a go at fixing or maybe it just needs resetting.
I'm just looking at all options as if its not covered (and knowing my luck it isn't) in warranty it will cost £350 to replace.

Has anyone experienced this same issue?
thanks in advance.

2retro

Reaction score
If you pop the boot and remove the carpeting from the boot lid where the spoiler is you should be able to turn the spoiler mechanism by hand. Sometimes it can get stuck (either up or down) and present the symptoms you describe. However, it can sometimes be fixed simply by doing this so I would definitely give it a go before stumping up £350. If it solves the problem for you, add some grease while you're there to keep it working smoothly in the future and you're good to go. :thumbup:

2retro

Reaction score
Jmp1969 said:
I pressed the spoiler button and noticed that no light came on. I also noticed that there was no motor noise from the rear. I then got my son to sit in the rear while i drove at a speed that should have activated the spoiler. It didn't activate.

So I booked it into a dealer and they diagnosed a Boot deflector motor issue.
Also, what geniuses must work at the dealers to expertly 'diagnose' that problem from the symptoms you describe! :wtf: :brickwall:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Peugeot dealers, you've got to love 'em.....

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,611
A

Anonymous

thanks for the tip.
I'll give it go this weekend. and update this thread.

I can only assume Peugeot dealer must have plugged it into a diagnostic machine the result was faulty boot deflector motor.

A

Anonymous

Just a thought, does the spoiler have a fuse. I checked the manual and it does not list any fuse. But as I have no working spoiler, active or manual maybe it's as simple as a blown fuse.