What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear bumper for RCZ!!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys im looking for a bit of help..
When parking for work this morning i reversed up the kerb taking it easy like i do everyday but today i reversed at an angle and when i drove off the kerb the weight of the car came down on the exhaust, bending both tail pipes up into the Black plastic diffuser are where the reverse light is. Took the car to my local peugeot service centre and they have told me i need a whole new rear bumper costing £900 not including labour or spraying the bumper. I could not believe i needed a whole new bumper. There is no damage on the bumper what so ever, the problem is that the tail pipes are attached to the bumper by plastic weld and clips and these clips have snapped clean off, so the tail pipes are unsupported.
Im wondering if anyone would know where i could pickup a 2nd hand rear bumper for the RCZ (if thats even possible) or happen to have any ideas or possible fixes. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Take it to a bodyshop to see if they can plastic weld the broken bits or come up with another repair solution. Let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Thats what im going to do mate. Its just annoying me that peugeot have told me i need a new rear bumper because of a few broken clips. This might be the case but thats a good idea about trying a bodyshop for a second opinion... not that i dont trust peugeot or anything :p