What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear Brakes locked on due to frost !!

Pedro

Reaction score
Car left standing for 3 weeks went to go out shopping & the rear brakes were locked on solid what made it worse we had freezing temps last night -6 apparently so all the metal had probably contracted around the calipers thus pads were stiff as a corpse It took 4 attempts to get it moving & I could swear I was on a bucking Bronco as the front end kicked like a mule finally the usual clunk sounded out & off I went at a very steady pace so its now parked on 3 notches in gear whilst the cold snap continues its one to watch out for during the lockdown& cold snap

Woodso

Reaction score
Good point on that, I had exactly the same issue this morning. Just ran out and took the handbrake off.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I regularly get the same especially after washing and parking up rather than taking for a run first but a mate has recommended bilt hamber atomic Mac it’s a corrosion inhibitor and can be diluted down and sprayed on brakes to avoid this happening I’ve bought some but not yet tested it.

Dingers

Reaction score
I never use the handbrake in my drive as it's totally flat & chipping stones. Just leave it in gear & it stops the back brakes from sticking. The fronts will stick at the slightest opportunity, so I always run it a few miles after cleaning to dry them off.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve had it happen quite a lot. I always mean to leave it in gear and handbrake off, but quite often forget 🤯
My step-son has been using it quite a lot recently as he’s been living with us since last March he always leaves it with the brake on & there has been quite a few loud “Cracks” as he pulls off the driveway.