What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Really strange issue with 3008???

A

Anonymous

HI Guys,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.
As above, I have a peugeot 3008 with a strange issue.

I got the dreaded "Gearbox Fault - Repair needed" the other day. My dad was a mechanic and i worked on my fair share of cars. I know what a failing gearbox/clutch feels like.
This car does not have a failing gearbox or clutch.

So maybe the actuator?? Sure if thats going/gone it wouldnt drive perfectly once i actually get the car to move from N to Drive.

Here's the strange bit - I started troubleshooting the issue and it seamed like the brake switch was not closing the circuit to tell the car that the break was pushed to either start it or or change gear.
Sometimes it would sometimes it wouldnt. Sound like something is sticking right? Like a solenoid, brake light switch.

I then removed the fuse F9 - Clutch and brake pedal switches fuse. Yes the error would come up but will go into gear no problem and drive fine.

Put the fuse, back problem back but then replaced the brake light switch. Works good now. I can still make it confused sometimes though so obviously not out of the woods yet.

Right now the car seems ok. Starting the car needs the brake pushed, However i can put the car into Drive / Reverse without having to press the brake.

Is this normal?? Anyone come across this??

Thanks in advance!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
They have a 3008 section on there, as well as technical sections.

I'm sure if you ask someone can help, or failing that a quick search may yield results from others with the same issue.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

drdino

Reaction score
Check that the brake lights are not on even when the brake pedal is not pressed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Yeah they stay on if I take the switch fuse out. If I get the problem. I can get around it by popping the switch fuse while the car is running. This makes brake lights stay on. Put it back in brake lights out and can go into gear. Still has error on dash but car works fine then.