What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Re: Peugeot 2.0 hdi P0488 code

A

Anonymous

Anyone out there that can help me I have this code p0488 appear on my Peugeot RCZ with the engine light coming on but sometimes goes off and then comes on a couple of days later the car doesn't seem to be performing any differently maybe using a little bit more fuel has anyone had this similar code or problem and what was the fix it's the HDI 2 litre RCZ

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. We have a newbies section for new members to introduce themselves :wave:

As for your code, which from a brief search seems to relate to the EGR. Has this ever been cleaned?
You can blank them off, and I have done in the past, but newer vehicles may not like you doing that and constantly show the CEL.

A

Anonymous

Hi no I've never had the EGR cleaned but I did have my car carbon cleaned buy a company hoping that would sort this problem out but it hasn't this problem has been probably getting worse now for the last few months as engine light comes on a lot more regularly but still goes off after a day I can't seem to find anything on here on how to clean the EGR I think some people have actually removed and cleaned it themselves.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's anything like the 407 and 508 it will be at the back of the engine. Is there a silver pipe that runs front to back?
Attached at the intake manifold at the front.

A

Anonymous

Hi no it's not the same it doesn't have any long silver pipe going across anything I don't know where I saw it but I saw someone clean their EGR themselves on a rcz and they were talking about it was at the front of the engine I haven't even got a clue what it looks like got to be someone out there who's had this problem I do get a small misfire around the 2000 RPM but that's the only code I'm getting

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
It must be part of the inlet manifold?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
A few bits that might help

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk