What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ's New Rival the MINI Coupe .... LOL

A

Anonymous

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/257796/

Ok before I start I will say I do like Mini's like what they represent, how they drive, most the time how they look (even the countryman some dislike)

however the mini coupe is the exception it is .... AWFUL in my opinion.

if you haven't looked yet just look its a mini hatchback with a baseball cap roof fitted to it and made into a two seater and thats it.

do not get why it has two spoilers considering I do not think it is fast enough to need two to keep it down on the ground.

and it manages to be more impractical than a RCZ which is impressive considering the rear passengers have no head room in any shape or form.

what do you all think of the new RCZ rival, do you agree with me or not?

A

Anonymous

No I dont agree. I think every car has a niche and this will suit some people just fine. Its not to my personal taste either but I can see why some might take a shine to it. As for the spoilers I am sure it is just aesthetic very much like the 2 stage spoiler on our RCZ. Not really necessary but looks nice! It is an RCZ rival in as much as it is a 2 seater in roughly the same price bracket and has similar specs and stats but IMO the RCZ crushes it as far as looks go!

A

Anonymous

That looks like Godzilla sat on it. Can't argue taste but sorry...

A

Anonymous

OK :eusa-think: the RCZ has the looks but look what BMW are prepared to do with this car,the endurance version produces 247bhp and 243lb torque and possibly is their launch vehicle for next years assault on the WRC,i hate to throw a spanner in the works i genuinely love my RCZ but as with a few current owners like myself looking to part ex in 2012,if Peugeot do not bring a true enthusiast's version out then im sorry to say the Mini may ultimately win the day,so COME ON peugeot dont loose out give us the car we petrolheads want if it means an extra 4k premium so be it you have my vote :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't like it. I had a Mini Cooper 6 years, which I loved. However, I think Mini are going too far now, producing too many variants, of which, most look dreadful :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

looks like a mini with a WW2 German Helmet on. Horrid

Only two things we can be sure of though.

It will drive brilliantly and sell well.

A

Anonymous

Sat behind 1 on Sunday being driven by some old biddy in her sixities. She never got over 45 and couldn't get passed with traffic. So had 2 look at back of car 4 15 mins truly hiddeious, some terribly wishy washy biscuit colour didn't help, with white stripes on black roof and Black stripes on rest of car, even my other 1/2 who luv's minis hated it :lol: :lol: :shock: A mini to far me thinks :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

I am not a fan of mini, but I must say this mini coupe attracts my attention. It is different among those minis, just like RCZ is different from the rest of the Peugeot.

Well done mini.

A

Anonymous

I have to be honest i do like the mini in any JCW guise :cool: and the new mini coupe has just been released in a soft top version, although i do have reservations about the dashboard styling :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
I am not a fan of mini, but I must say this mini coupe attracts my attention. It is different among those minis, just like RCZ is different from the rest of the Peugeot.

Well done mini.
Totally agree. Stopped off to have a closer look as one grabbed my attention as I drove past the dealership. I like what I saw but was not interested in a test drive. Certainly not a rival for the RCZ IMHO

A

Anonymous

the biggest issue with the Mini coupe is that spoiler because at 50mph it comes up automatically like it does in the RCZ but the spoiler covers the entire rear window and makes it useless to look in the back of the car when driving which you do in most cars especially considering this is not a van or a lamborghini.

A

Anonymous

The mini coupe is more than a worthy rival to the rcz because of you know who BMW who have really expanded the range :thumbup: and residuals are plain to see as build quality is on average is very high indeed. I love any mini version in John Cooper Work guise as i have said, as for rear window viewing it couldnt worse than my last car a fn2 Type R rear vision was crud but large wing mirrors more than made up for this :thumbup: as is the mini's.BUT THE MINIS MAIN DRAW BACK IS ITS SO SO VERY FEMININE and has very little road presence where the rcz has :cool: but will peugeot up the anti with the rcz :eusa-think: and build on its success or just stay in the middle of road with inadequate bhp powerplants :thumbdown: the rcz needs to be more customisel if there is such a word offering more interior trim options,lighting options,and power options 156 bhp then a 198bhp thats not enough as the kerb weight of the rcz is heavy it should start at 170bhp and should cimb to 250bhp with a 210bhp in the middle, get a new larger engine peugeot 2.0 litre turbo and up the diesel engine capacity to 2.2 ish and bhp to 185 :thumbup: as far as i am concerned the rcz needs more power through the entire range to compete with rivals as looks become familar and sales will deminish as they say "familiarity breeds complacency" ;)

A

Anonymous

engine wise they will only be adding more powerful engines considering the engines in the RCZ is the next generation units we will find in the Mini hatchback in the 2013 version (new shape).

and trust me its worse rear view wise than a Honda Civic Type R considering the spoiler when up is much larger than the civics and is at an angle where it covers the entire window. The wing mirrors as well on Mini's are not very big at all so you will be pretty much driving blind over 50mph

RCZ1

Reaction score
Tomy90 and Jassy, you both have valid points but having previously owned a Mini Cooper, I wouldn't rush back to buy another. The build quality isn't that high, BMW or not. Normal BMWs aren't that good either :( The ride quality was appalling and ended up giving me shoulder pains. You had to constantly fight with the steering wheel to keep it in a straight line. I don't think it looks feminine - with those stripes it very boy racer ish and should be on a go cart track rather than the roads.

A

Anonymous

Great points rcz1 :thumbup: but tomy rear visibilty is a dead pixel in a other wise very popular and very vivid HD mini picture and i know the minis go cart ride is extremely harsh as are all BMW's with anything more than 17" wheels but they are very popular and will sell because of the brand recognition as we live in a very superfiscial world :( as are all who own/lease a rcz :lol: :thumbup: