What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz wing mirrors

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
Went to take Roxy out for a spin this morning and noticed the drivers side wing mirror was not folded.
Reckon someone's knocked it out of place or leant on it.
I'm now left with a floppy wing mirror that spins 360 degrees and won't click in to place.
Had a look for a second hand one but still very expensive and also there are three different versions to chose from.
Any idea what one I need,I think I need the memory ones as I can set the wing mirrors for when reversing.
GT200THP 60reg asked on Facebook group and its £400 new [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
Send me a pm with your Vin number and I will see what the part number is, I'll also see what a mirror from a non memory one is.

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Send me a pm with your Vin number and I will see what the part number is, I'll also see what a mirror from a non memory one is.
Thank you so much,I'll find the vin number and send you a message,I'm thinking of going down the second hand route as the memory one is £355

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Pm sent

tianorth

Reaction score
Here is the mirrors with your Vin number.

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Here is the mirrors with your Vin number.

It's only the base that I need but knowing Peugeot this comes as one,I've spotted one in a breakers yard but still comes in at £150 plus vat and will need to be sprayed as it's the wrong colour,I think I can salvage the mirror plastic just the base would be wrong colour as that part doesn't look like it comes off.
Any idea how to remove the wing mirror ?(doesn't look the same as the 207 so all the screws must be located when door trim is removed. )

tianorth

Reaction score
Can't you see how much the bits are from Peugeot dealership?
Since you know the part numbers!

To remove, there is a triangular piece (number 10 I think) in the inside window which would cover the holding bolts (I presume)

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Can't you see how much the bits are from Peugeot dealership?
Since you know the part numbers!

To remove, there is a triangular piece (number 10 I think) in the inside window which would cover the holding bolts (I presume)

I've bought a replacement from a breakers yard £165,thank you for all your help.

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering how you replace the wing mirror here's how...
Remove the inside door panel(remove the door light first,unscrew two screws in door panel,remove handle trim and remove a further two screws,remove the panel that controls the Windows,gentle pop door trim off,unplug wing mirror connections. )
Remove indicator from wing mirror and disconnect,undo the T40 torx screw and replace with new wing mirror.

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
Kgouloumis09 said:
If anyone is wondering how you replace the wing mirror here's how...
Remove the inside door panel(remove the door light first,unscrew two screws in door panel,remove handle trim and remove a further two screws,remove the panel that controls the Windows,gentle pop door trim off,unplug wing mirror connections. )
Remove indicator from wing mirror and disconnect,undo the T40 torx screw and replace with new wing mirror.

So after the epic job of swapping parts over from my old wing mirror on to the new one due to parts being wrong colour I managed to get them working and attached to the car now the only problem is the window won't go down more than half way,I think the wires from the wing mirror that lead into the door are getting caught but don't fancy taking it all apart again.
Any idea of what it may be getting stuck on or how the wires need to be placed,here's what my Saturday looked like ...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you take the door card back off, will you not be able to see the window in operation & see what is causing the problem without having to remove the wing mirror? Or was it the door card you were trying to avoid having to do?

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
If you take the door card back off, will you not be able to see the window in operation & see what is causing the problem without having to remove the wing mirror? Or was it the door card you were trying to avoid having to do?
You can't see anything when door card is off and yes I was trying to avoid the hassle lol.

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Take the speaker out as usually you can get your hand in to the void behind.
Good shout,was trying to avoid taking it off as I couldn't see what was blocking it,by removing the speaker I will!

DRTDVL

Reaction score
The speaker is riveted in... You can't remove it with removing the door card and drilling them out.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
I have great news,after fixing my wing mirror someone's knocked the other side out of place and I've got the same issue with the other wing mirror now.
So upset!!I'm going to have to take the other side apart and see if it can be fixed because it's getting beyond funny now.
Surely it's just a spring being knocked out of place?When I took the other one apart there is a big Spring inside the motor but couldn't see what was broken for them to not sit in place.
Here's to another fun weekend fml.