What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz thp 200 cold start whistling noise

Stratcat

Reaction score
Hello there,I have since a year a whistling noise engine cold start. In the morning the engine starts normally,revs up to 1100 rpm for few seconds, it revs down to 800 rpm, then the noise starts. I press down the throttle pedal slightly a couple of times, the noise stops and I m good to go.

Did anyone experience a similar issue?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds to me that it's a dry pully if car has not been used due to the lock down this would be more than likely... Hope this helps you out..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Stratcat

Reaction score
Hi Verminator ,thanks for your prompt suggestion..this rcz is my daily ride..when allowed I kept using it during this pandemica world mess.. Noise Started 1 year ago..cold engine ...morning..engine apparently needs to be off for several hours..6/8 hours won’t do..Starting the engine it revs to 1100 rpm..then revs down to 800 rpm and the noise starts.. by pressing throttle pedal slightly noise goes away. No damage so far..everything seems to be in order.. During this current weekend total lockdown I have left the car parked in my mechanic workshop..Monday first thing in the morning I ll be there to start the engine and see what he thinks about...

Pedro

Reaction score
I think the Verminator could be right it sounds on the belt side & you have no engine codes

Stratcat

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer Pedro. Dry pulley would be a relief,I hope so.Tomorrow morning I should be able to learn more about it..

Stratcat

Reaction score
hi there, I wanted to inform about the car left unused in the workshop for 3 days in a row.
This morning we started the engine but to my surprise no noise happened. Engine did not self Rev up to 1200 rpm and Rev down to 800 rpm as it does when cold started ( that is the moment the noise generally starts).
On the way to work this time I had a faulty code ..turbo disapperead for some km then the faulty cleared itself and turbo came back.
interesting situation , I confess I am puzzled.

Attachments

• 6FAAE086-E47D-45B6-B516-DB8A783EE429.png
    6FAAE086-E47D-45B6-B516-DB8A783EE429.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 19

Pedro

Reaction score
The Car went to limp mode then the ECU reset the parameters hence your turbo worked again it may be a underlying fault or a old code stored in the memory showing up from the past so if its not broke don't fix it 😉

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
hi there, I wanted to inform about the car left unused in the workshop for 3 days in a row.
This morning we started the engine but to my surprise no noise happened. Engine did not self Rev up to 1200 rpm and Rev down to 800 rpm as it does when cold started ( that is the moment the noise generally starts).
On the way to work this time I had a faulty code ..turbo disapperead for some km then the faulty cleared itself and turbo came back.
interesting situation , I confess I am puzzled.

I had this on mine and thought it was to do with the belt but its a pcv membrane in the engine cover which gets torn causing the whistle sound, you can buy the membrane for 10-20£ or change the whole valve cover if you can

Stratcat

Reaction score
JazzyRcz thanks for your suggestion, I think you are right.. finally it makes sense.
l will order the part right away..for Rcz thp 200 2011 do I have to replace the whole valve cover or the membrane only?

yloops

Reaction score
Ive got this issue on a 156 engine. Where is the membrane on that?

yloops

Reaction score
Sorry if Im coming across as stupid here but we literally talking the entire plastic cover or just the orange thing in the cover? Is it replace able?
I only just replaced so for it to be whistling I must not have done a good job.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16

Pedro

Reaction score
Just the PCV Valve as they sell them separately & unless the rocker cover is leaking oil shouldn't be any issue after its renewed ?

yloops

Reaction score
So is it the orange thing in the picture I uploaded?

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
So is it the orange thing in the picture I uploaded?
Is it defo the same issue? A whistle on cold start that disappears when revving once or when removing oil dipstick? If it is then best to just replace the whole cover not sure on the 156 engine

yloops

Reaction score
Yeah Than
Is it defo the same issue? A whistle on cold start that disappears when revving once or when removing oil dipstick? If it is then best to just replace the whole cover not sure on the 156 engine
Yeah thanks it was. I changed the Rocker cover and it worked nice an smoothly! Thanks alot for your help!