What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Temp gauge drops while driving & No hot air

Zain1999

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My RCZ 1.6 Petrol takes ages for the temp gauge to get to 90 degrees whilst driving but when the car is stationary it will increase to 90 relatively quick? Also no hot air blowing? It blows warm air but not hot like it should be.

Has anyone had a similar issue to this in the past and can offer some advice?

Many thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
Probably Thermostat needs replacing which means the replacing the whole unit this issue can affect the Air con & interfere with the fuel air ratios?

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Yes classic sign of your thermostat stuck open, will only warm up when idling, had one on a Peugeot 208 gti (same engine) last month with exactly the same symptom, make sure the cooling system is bleed correctly as well.

Zain1999

Reaction score
I think first thing I will do is plug it in for fault codes but don’t anticipate any as there are no lights on the dash. Also AC seems to be working fine it’s just the heater not blowing hot. I’ll look into the thermostat housing so thanks for the pointer guys

Charlie1875

Reaction score
it doesn’t always throw up the engine management light but may have codes stored in the system, yes the thermostat is inside the housing and is a complete unit.