What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ ROAD NOISE OPINIONS

A

Anonymous

Dont know if it was me or the demo that i took out, RCZ GT 200bhp, but i found that it had a bit of road noise coming through.
I'm days away from ordering an RCZ and would like some opinions on this.
At the moment i drive an Astra SRI, the 2 door hatch type, like all hatchbacks i found this a little noisy when i first drove it, but with the RCZ it was more of a tyre versus tarmac type of noise. :eusa-think:

Another question i have is, i notice that every Rcz that i have seen has a twin tip exhaust, yet the sales guy at my local dealship reckons that this is an optional extra called the Feline kit. I thought the GT came with twin tips as standard or does this mean that all the one's that i've seen have had this extra Feline kit put on, DONT THINK SO , :?:

A

Anonymous

The Feline Kit gives you QUAD exhausts all RCZ's have Twins as standard.

Costs about £650 as an option

A

Anonymous

Ah, ok now i can see the difference, i will take this pic back to the dealer and shove it up his rear tip !!!

Oh i do like the look of those though.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion the RCZ is very quiet, certainly tyre noise is less than the Honda FRV I had before.

A

Anonymous

on some road sufaces theres a little noise but same with most cars i recon

RCZ1

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed on my 156 isHow quiet it is :thumbup:

Maybe it's to do with the 19 inch tyres on the 200 - I don't know, but no issues what-so-ever with road noise.

A

Anonymous

yeah maybe,i think all the GT'S now come with a 19" wheel ? I actualy measured (sad old fool) how low the RCZ is to the ground compared to my current Astra SRI, it's almost 3 inches lower, so i think this must have an affect on road noise coming through.
Thing is, the two cars are completely worlds apart, and i think this has to be remembered when taking one for a test drive.

I'm looking around to get the best deal i can get on an Opal white GT 156bhp with sports pack option, sat nav and 19" soltice onxy black wheels.
I'm off this weekend so will be doing some traveling i think.

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
yeah maybe,i think all the GT'S now come with a 19" wheel ? I actualy measured (sad old fool) how low the RCZ is to the ground compared to my current Astra SRI, it's almost 3 inches lower, so i think this must have an affect on road noise coming through.
Thing is, the two cars are completely worlds apart, and i think this has to be remembered when taking one for a test drive.

I'm looking around to get the best deal i can get on an Opal white GT 156bhp with sports pack option, sat nav and 19" soltice onxy black wheels.
I'm off this weekend so will be doing some traveling i think.

Good luck in your quest and let us know how you get on :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
One thing I have noticed on my 156 isHow quiet it is :thumbup:

Maybe it's to do with the 19 inch tyres on the 200 - I don't know, but no issues what-so-ever with road noise.

Im the oposite, coming from my MGZT the RCZ feels rather unrefined about town. Brilliant out of it though.

The ZT was an absolutely brilliant car in terms of mechanical design tho.