What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ recall

A

Anonymous

My wife had a telephone call earlier today, asking her to take the RCZ back to them as part of a recall ?? anyone have any more information on this?

I would love to take it in, but it is currently in bits at my nearest peugeot garage who have found 2 more things wrong with it during the service. We told them there was a problem 2 months ago, but they couldnt find anything. Anyhows this is the 4th time it has now been in and repaired and its not even 2 years old.

Is there any way I could give them it back? I would only expect a fair valuation for it, but my worry is after the warranty ends. I cant keep on taking it back in every 6 months or so, due to major problems

thanks all :cry:

A

Anonymous

ADZ1478 said:
My wife had a telephone call earlier today, asking her to take the RCZ back to them as part of a recall ??
anyone have any more information on this?

Presume you have the Hdi.
If so, there is / was a recall on this - Campaign YYW.
That was back in March 2011 though (for me anyway).

It was to do with the Protective Sheath on a fuel pipe in the Engine Compartment.

Good Luck - and I'm with you on that Expired Warranty concern :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I too, have just had a call from Wokingham Motors about a recall. When I asked what it was for the lady told me it was regarding a s/w update and something to do with the ECU. Anyone know anything about this?
I have been told it will only take half an hour to do so booked in for next Monday.

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:

Kinda glad I've got one of those 3 year/balloon payment jobbys - it'll be replaced on it's 3rd birthday ..... whether or not by another RCZ remains to be seen, depends on circumstances I guess.

A

Anonymous

We are looking to carry out a download of a new version of the engine control software on THP156 petrol models (manual and automatic). It's part of the product improvement process that we routinely carry out on our vehicles and should take no more than half an hour.

A

Anonymous

Well that answers that then. Thank you Peugeot member! I shall await a call from my dealership.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Would this have been done when mine was in the garage last week ?

That was my immediate thought too. But the notice only came out yesterday. So they wasted little time contacting me. Pretty good I think!! :clap:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
ADZ1478 said:
My wife had a telephone call earlier today, asking her to take the RCZ back to them as part of a recall ??
anyone have any more information on this?

Presume you have the Hdi.
If so, there is / was a recall on this - Campaign YYW.
That was back in March 2011 though (for me anyway).

It was to do with the Protective Sheath on a fuel pipe in the Engine Compartment.

-

Can anyone tell me how I can check if this recall has been done on my car please?

I bought my HDI late 2011 and it was an ex-demo. So I just want to be sure it had already been done, any help would be great.

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

a_french said:
Can anyone tell me how I can check if this recall has been done on my car please?

I bought my HDI late 2011 and it was an ex-demo. So I just want to be sure it had already been done, any help would be great.

Cheers,
No it will not have been done. The good news is........ The recall does not effect the Diesel engine :thumbup:
This is what Peugeot said a while ago "We are looking to carry out a download of a new version of the engine control software on THP156 petrol models (manual and automatic). It's part of the product improvement process that we routinely carry out on our vehicles and should take no more than half an hour."